Copy from Set Top Box
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to suggest a feature that TIVO has.  With the TIVO software, you can access your TIVO player and through your network, you can copy anything recorded onto your computer, or an external hard drive.  Being that we can access our DVR, through verizon.com, maybe that feature could be added, so that we can transfer recorded shows from the STB to the computer.  It would also be helpful, if a box has to be exchanged.  Thanks....Steve

0 Likes
Re: Copy from Set Top Box
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The problem is not the ability to access (although it is blocked) which could be easily enabled, but with agreements between Verizon and the content providers and owners of the origianl material.  Freely copying a "perfect" digital image to a PC invites illegal copying.  How TIVO gets around the issue of piracy (and hence the DRM impositions on the cable industry) I don't know.

I'm not taking either side in this argument, just pointing out some issues that are involved.

0 Likes
Re: Copy from Set Top Box
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Esata port is going to be enabled on the 1.9 software update, they are barely doing 1.8 now. so I would expect around the end of the year, or early in the next year.

0 Likes