DVR recorded show under wrong program
Thetasigma99

I have the HD-DVR (but not the home media DVR). I recently had it set up to tape "Big Bang Theory" starting 5 minutes earlier and ending 5 minutes later and also "How I Met Your Mother" starting 5 minutes earlier and ending 5 minutes later. The two shows air back to back.

When I went to watch "How I Met Your Mother," the DVR had only recorded around 4 minutes 30 seconds of it. The DVR is only 20% full, so it's not a space issue. When I finally watched "Big Bang Theory" tonight, I noticed that when that show ended, even though the progress bar was pretty much at the end of the recording, the recording didn't stop. In fact, the entire episode of "How I Met Your Mother" was there, though it still was listed under "Big Bang Theory."

What's stranger is that when I checked the recording information for "Big Bang Theory" on my DVR, it claimed it only recorded 40 minutes, even though it recorded well over an hour.

Has anyone seen this before? It seems to me to be a bug in the DVR software, but I wasn't sure if anyone had seen this and/or had any suggestions?

0 Likes