FIOS Remote - how does it work?
ewest305

When I click a command on my FIOS remote, there is a noticeable delay. The same delay you experience when browsing web sites. This makes me believe the remote commands are similar. My question: is the delay related to the communication between the STB (set top box) and FIOS? Or between  the STB and the remote? or both? 

Comcast never had this issue; i'm wondering if FIOS is doing something radically different. I am not looking for a reason to quit FIOS, I just want to know how the remote works from a higher level. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Remote - how does it work?
Justin46
Legend

@ewest305 wrote:

When I click a command on my FIOS remote, there is a noticeable delay. The same delay you experience when browsing web sites. This makes me believe the remote commands are similar. My question: is the delay related to the communication between the STB (set top box) and FIOS? Or between  the STB and the remote? or both? 

Comcast never had this issue; i'm wondering if FIOS is doing something radically different. I am not looking for a reason to quit FIOS, I just want to know how the remote works from a higher level. Thank you. 

There appears to be a problem that some people are seeing where the STB does not immediately respond to button presses on the remote, with delays ranging from maybe 5 seconds to a minute or more. There are already several threads here in the Verizon Forums describing these symptoms, and there is now a new thread in the Verizon FiOS TV forum at dslreports.com. So there is definitely a problem; whether that is what you are seeing or not I don't know. 

I had this problem show up several months ago, on my DVR only, this week it just magically disappeared while I was out of town! I have no clue why. And people are now saying their problems just started in the last week or two. So it appears to be spreading across the country, which to me seems strange as there has been no release of a new level of the IMG by Verizon.

I don't believe that there is anything we as customers can do to fix the problem. Hopefully Verizon will come up with a fix soon.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes