Help with Remote Control P265v1.1
wayne902

I have a FIOS P265v1.1 remote control. In June, it was setup when our service was connected by the service technician to control our TV - a new SONY 40-inch flat screen LCD HD TV (40BX420, new out of the box).  The service technician said it took him 30 minutes just to setup the remote to work with our new TV (new out of the box) as standard codes did not work. Two weeks ago, the batteries needed to be changed and when I changed the batteries, the remote control lost the ability to control our TV.

I have tried the standard SONY TV code of 352 and it does not work.  I have stepped through the codes one-by-one and does not work (the TV never turns OFF when press & hold <PLAY>  on remote).

Has any one any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Help with Remote Control P265v1.1
prisaz
Legend

You can find all the remote information here. Your dead batteries should not lose the configuration, unless they went completely dead. Let me see what I can do.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Use the code search method found here.

Code Search Method to
Program the RC
(This method could take up to
8 minutes)

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/323E48A1-1712-43BA-AFAE-85232B02615F/0/P265UserMan...

0 Likes
wayne902

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried using the methods described with no success.

I have spent time on several ocassions stepping through the codes one at a time with no success.  (After about 40-codes or so, the remote seems to reset itself, flashing 4-times in rapid succession and then its out of setup mode.) I have even tried swapping remote controls... no success.

What gets to us is TV control from the remote was working ... but not after changing the batteries. And NO, the batteries were not completely dead but they were at about 15% strength on our battery meter. Rather than wait for batteries to go fully-dead, we change it.  Ands on 3 other TV sets in our home at about the same time, the batteries read 15% to 25% so we changed them. One remote control lost its codes too; two did not. The two that are linked to older TVs did not lose their codes; the Panasonic HDTV (2009) and Sony HDTV (2011) the remotes lost the TV codes.  But the Panasonic TV code in the guide worked.

Please check with technicians and see what they say.  Again, our TV is a SONY BX40x420 and it is an LCD HDTV.

Thank you.

0 Likes
wayne902

This is still unresolved.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
andy9798
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
rdianat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Wayne,

did you get any resolution on this problem? I have a sony TV which I can make it work except that the Volume does not work. I have followed all the instructions like how to detect the code for your TV and any other google blogs, and still I fail to use my FIOS remote control to adjust the volume. I do not use any DVR, blue Ray or any other device. I have very simple settings. One TV, one FIOS STB and my remote control. Have you contacted Verizon support? Why this should be so difficult to set?

my remote control is P265V1 and I have used that Sony Code of 352.

I have also tried the Code discovery of (OK+FIOS) then Play Button and then OK. no luck.

Thanks for anyone's input and help.

0 Likes
rdianat
Enthusiast - Level 1

All,

I further looked at this blog and found my answer  at the post with title

(Re: P265v1.1 Remote does not control volume on CHS 335HDC Set Top Box)

my sony TV is different, but the solution worked for me too. I had tried this solution before, but my TV was on. this time I tried it with TV off. and did (Ok+2) then 9-5-5 then TV  and then OK and all worked.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you beat me to the punch, but that is the correct solution!   kudos    🙂

0 Likes