How do I get my Samsung Digital Home theatre to work with my FiOS tv?
aspenshanti

I have a Panasonic plasma HDTV connected to a Samsung digital home theatre system connected to my Verizon FiOS tv.  The home theatre works great playing DVD's or CD's but I don't get any sound through the home theatre system when I'm watching the FiOS tv.  The FiOS is connected through the home theatre systems and into the tv, so when I turn the FiOS on, the tv and home theatre both automatically switch on.  But, no sound comes through the home theatre speakers.  I searched the forums for similar problems but haven't found a solution.  All of my equipment was professionally installed.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my Samsung Digital Home theatre to work with my FiOS tv?
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3

How is the fios box wired to the HT receiver?  Digital Coax,Fiber Optic or analog cables?  My reciever has an option to pick the input type or an auto select option so regardless of the means in which it hooks up to the receiver it automatically pics for you.  I have tivo to my tv with HDMI and to my HT reciever with a fiber optic cable, this way I can watch with or without the HT speakers on.  If you use hdmi from the fios box to your reciever and then hdmi to the tv you may have a handshake issue.  Just a few thoughts.

0 Likes