Missing channels on Fios TV iOS app
Pillahome
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to access Comcast Sportsnet on the Fios app and received a message that I could not access this channel unless I was logged into my home wifi network.  I checked with support and they didn't give me answer as to why this is.  It wasn't always like this.  This just started in the last few months.  I often try to record baseball, hockey games when I'm away from home and I could do this in the past but now I have to be connected to wifi to get this channel.  Does anyone know why?  I'm sure there are other channels like this so it's probably not a Comcast/Verizon thing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing channels on Fios TV iOS app
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check for filters/mode you are looking at the guide with.  E.g if you are a Quantum TV user, and have it in the mode that allows you to watch programs, many channels will not appear UNLESS you are on your home network.  And filters will of course restrict you to channels Verizon thinks match the filter.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a difference between accessing the channel for viewing vs recording.

Viewing is done via TV listings.

Certain channels can only be viewed on home WiFi.

0 Likes
Pillahome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I wanted to record the channel.  It doesn't appear when I go to the TV listings so I tried to search for it.  That's when I got the message that I needed to be connected to my home wifi.  How can I record this channel if it doesn't appear and why do I have to be connected to home wifi?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure where you are located.

I am in vho 4 outside of Baltimore.

I just went in to app outside of my home.

I went to TV listings.

Did jump to channel (576 in my case)

Found csn. Was able to click program and then select record.

0 Likes
Pillahome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's what I tried:

connected to wifi, jumped to channel 576 (I'm in philly and it's the same channel) - channel appears.

disconnected from wifi, tried to jump to channel 576 and it's not in the list.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check for filters/mode you are looking at the guide with.  E.g if you are a Quantum TV user, and have it in the mode that allows you to watch programs, many channels will not appear UNLESS you are on your home network.  And filters will of course restrict you to channels Verizon thinks match the filter.

Pillahome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!!! That was it.  Once I set the filter to show all channels, I could see 576. YAY!!

0 Likes