Re: Problem playing music with Media Manager
70melbatoast
Enthusiast - Level 2
Nice job Notbob! That worked for me! Woo Hoo! I think its important to note however, that the file in question begins with the small letter "el", not capital "eye". Just so the next person desn't make the same mistake I did.
0 Likes
notbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great! I hope this helps other people as well. Sorry about the confusion with the letter. For other people, you should be able to just copy the command straight from my post and paste it into the run dialog box accessed from your start menu.

GM

I know this probably isn't the correct place to post this, but I have been looking for a solution for some time now without any luck.

I have a similar problem with my XBOX 360 Windows Media Center Extender.  Out of a coule thousand wav files on my computer, only about 12 will play on my XBOX. The rest gets an error. They play fine on the computer. I cannot find any difference between the files the play and the files that don't play. The files are all DRM free.

I've downloaded the GraphEdit program you mentioned but haven't really understood how it works.

Maybe the codecs are wrong too? 

Again, Sorry I'm posting here but I was hoping someone might have an idea I can try?

Aaron

0 Likes
Sir_WInston1

Greetings Notbob,

Good troubleshooting there with the mp3 to wav.  I am having similar problems. Here is a copy of my log.  Note that it has a slightly different error pair message.

2009/01/19 14:03:47.384 Transcoding Started... Request Id: 2, Total Requests: 18, Input File: c:\documents and settings\winston  jones\shared\neyo ft jamie foxx & fabolous- she got her own (miss independent remix).mp3 Output File: C:\Documents and Settings\Winston  Jones\Application Data\Verizon\FIOSMM\MMCache\neyo ft jamie foxx & fabolous- she got her own (miss independent remix).192.168.1.102.wav

2009/01/19 14:03:47.571 Error in Transcoding: Request Id: 2 Input File: c:\documents and settings\winston  jones\shared\neyo ft jamie foxx & fabolous- she got her own (miss independent remix).mp3 Output File: C:\Documents and Settings\Winston  Jones\Application Data\Verizon\FIOSMM\MMCache\neyo ft jamie foxx & fabolous- she got her own (miss independent remix).192.168.1.102.wavError Message: Couldnt load File Write

Do you think this is the same problem as yours?  I am going to try your steps.  I downloaded what I think is GraphEdit.  It's in the DirectX runtime SDK right?  If not could you provide link? Most appreciated.  I guess this app will confirm exactly what audio codec is being used by WM if WM  is the default mp3 player.  Is it critical to use the codec you metioned or is LAME usaeable?

Thanks

0 Likes