Remote DVR
ArtM1

I see all these messages from Verizon about the ablility to use Remote DVR and all you need is a DVR set top box.  I have their QIP6416 and there is no option on the DVR screen or web site for remote dvr.  Verizon said I don't have a multi room DVR but the web site says nothing about that.  See below.  Any ideas? 

Art

FiOS TV Remote DVR FAQ's
What is FiOS TV Remote DVR?
FiOS TV Remote DVR gives you the ability to record shows online using the FiOS TV Central website. In addition, it allows you to manage your DVR Schedules, Recordings, Favorite channel lists, Video on Demand, Bookmarks and Parental Controls.
Am I eligible for FiOS TV Remote DVR?
Remote DVR is only available to customers who have at least one DVR set-top box.
FiOS TV Remote DVR FAQ's
What is FiOS TV Remote DVR?
FiOS TV Remote DVR gives you the ability to record shows online using the FiOS TV Central website. In addition, it allows you to manage your DVR Schedules, Recordings, Favorite channel lists, Video on Demand, Bookmarks and Parental Controls.
Am I eligible for FiOS TV Remote DVR?
Remote DVR is only available to customers who have at least one DVR set-top box.
0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
you need the multi room DVR service.
0 Likes
ArtM1
It would be nice if Verizon would be accurate in their offerings.  This is the second time a feature was offered by Verizon only to find out the offer wasn't what it was advertised.  I'm not a happy customer.
0 Likes
Dawg65

Hello, I've verified that I'm eligible for the Remote DVR service by looking through the Settings menu on my multi-room DVR and seeing the Web Access link.  However, the status says that it is Not Activated.  I've logged in to TV Central but don't see anything on the page referencing Remote DVR.  What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Dawg65 on 04-08-2009 11:38 PM
0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
The website says it's available to you with a DVR.  Not that you have it.
0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Dawg65 wrote:

Hello, I've verified that I'm eligible for the Remote DVR service by looking through the Settings menu on my multi-room DVR and seeing the Web Access link.  However, the status says that it is Not Activated.  I've logged in to TV Central but don't see anything on the page referencing Remote DVR.  What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Dawg65 on 04-08-2009 11:38 PM

The MR DVR is a service that you need to pay for. Once you subscribe to the service it should be activated.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

"gives you the ability to record shows online using the FiOS TV Central website"

Also gives you the ability to get over a hunded HD channels, not that they are included in the base price.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Multi-Room%20DVR/Multi-Room%20DVR.htm

I for one have looked into it, and decided it was not an important feature for me to pay the difference price. Not that much, but it all adds up. Free would be good, but it isn't.
Message Edited by prisaz on 04-09-2009 11:19 AM
0 Likes
Dawg65

Actually I do subscribe to the Media Manager DVR service but was not seeing any option on the FIOS TV Central website to register separately for the Web Access DVR service.  I know I have the service as the Media Manager is working perfectly from the computer to the TV as well as the multi-room DVR service. 

The website says that the first time you logon you will be asked to register but that did not happen for me.  However, today I logged on and, lo and behold, a page popped up asking me if I would like to register my DVR for remote access.  I guess it takes a couple days after install to get to it to ask.  Registered this morning and was confirmed a short time later.

Thanks for the responses though.

0 Likes