Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Business Growth Is Not an Accident: 19 Rules for Success

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus ‎09-06-2011 01:47 PM

Ramon Ray.jpgGuest post from Ramon Ray, editor & technology evangelist of Smallbiztechnology.com. Ramon has also written thousands of technology articles and news items for other media including: Open Forum, Inc. Magazine, New York Enterprise Report, Black Enterprise Magazine, CNet, TechTarget, Entrepreneur.com, Small Business Resources and others. He is often quoted in the media, including the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc. Magazine, etc.

As I write and speak about how small businesses can leverage technology as a tool to grow their business and have the privilege to speak with hundreds of business owners a year, one of the common threads I see is that successful businesses are not built by accident.

Successful businesses are built by entrepreneurs and business owners who have a vision for success and a strategic road map for growth. These businesses implement systems to best ensure success happens.

Join me tomorrow (September 7 at 2pm ET) as I host a live free webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center.  During this live one-hour webinar I will offer 19 rules business owners should consider to grow a successful business.

Building a business with foresight and planning does not mean that there are no “accidental entrepreneurs”. This does not mean that serendipity does not play a role in business. It does mean that sustainable businesses that are built to “last” are created with specific strategies to ensure they succeed and leverage “luck” and other variables to their advantage.

If you look at any of the hundreds of successful small businesses around the world, you’ll see that there is NOT one right way to build a successful business. However, you will see that there are several things you can do WRONG that will almost surely help your business fail quickly.

During tomorrow’s live free webinar I’ll review all of these 19 rules that I’ve seen successful business owners follow as they’ve grown their businesses.  Additionally, I’ll share tips I’ve learned on my own.

Three of these 19 rules that will help you grow your business include:

• Smile – we don’t realize how important a cheery smile can be to the recipient. A smile can change a no to a yes. It can change an “I’ll get back to you later”, to a “I’ll see you right now.”

• Don’t Burn Bridges – I’ve found that too many times we business owners want to burn bridges. Sure sometimes you have to break away from a situation or partnership, but try to “agree to disagree”.

• Never Sit Alone – Why is it that business owners (hungry for business) can attend an event and sit alone, for 30 – 45 minutes before the event starts. Instead they should be artfully networking.

I will share more ‘rules’ in tomorrow’s webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center.  If the date and time doesn’t work for you, I will share the link to the replay and post the webinar presentation on my blog.  To register for tomorrow’s free webinar click here (http://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/6255/33499).

Get your questions ready.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Get news from Verizon about Business Markets services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon Business Markets group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com