quick menu

Let’s get serious about cybersecurity

Employee Employee ‎11-11-2018 10:02 PM

Cybersecurity is important. You know that. We know that. But why are so many businesses not doing enough about it? It can be for a number of reasons, from lack of knowledge to lack of budget. But just because you’re a small business doesn’t mean you can’t protect yourself. There are plenty of things you can do that can have a huge impact and won’t break the bank.

Each year, Verizon produces the Data Breach Investigations Report, which looks into real incidents and breaches across a variety of industries. This report helps highlight the biggest risks to businesses and can help you identify where your own security could be strengthened. But we know our report can seem daunting, and small business owners are often too busy to read it in full. That’s why we’ve pulled out the recommendations that are most practical and actionable for small businesses like yours, to help you understand how you can better protect yourself.

Are you making these 3 common mistakes?

We all make mistakes, and that’s fine. What isn’t fine is when we keep making the same ones. And when it comes to cybersecurity that’s what a lot of businesses are doing. Whether it’s using the same passwords for multiple accounts, failing to back up data, or falling for phishing—companies are still doing it, and the consequences could be severe. Now is the time to improve your defenses, train your employees and learn to stop making these same common cybersecurity mistakes. Read our guide for actionable tips your business can use right now.

Read more >

Avoid these 3 common excuses.

“It’ll never happen to me,” “I’ll sort that next week” and “I can’t afford better cybersecurity.” Sound familiar? These are just some of the reasons small businesses procrastinate when it comes to cybersecurity. But tomorrow could be too late—don’t wait to be the victim of an attack before looking into your defenses. There are plenty of things that you can be doing right now to help avoid becoming a negative statistic in our next Data Breach Investigations Report. Read our guide now. 

Read more >

3 simple rules to improve your cybersecurity.

Protecting your business from threats can seem daunting, but effective cybersecurity doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. It doesn’t matter if you already have policies in place, or if you’re a complete beginner, there are simple things you can do to improve your defenses—from correct disposal of data and devices to better management of employees and their own devices. Read our guide for real actionable tips your business can use right now.

Read more >

All businesses are at risk from cyberattacks—no matter their size. And all businesses can do more to improve their cybersecurity. Give your business the protection it deserves and don’t put off till tomorrow what can be done today.

Follow our tips and get proactive about security. And for even more advice, talk to one of our security experts.

About Verizon Business Markets
Get news from Verizon about Business Markets services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon Business Markets group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com

About the Authors

Tumara Jordan

Senior Manager: Verizon Business Markets

Photo of Tumara Jordan

Tumara is a contributor to the Business Markets Marketing team and she currently manages Social Media marketing campaigns.

Categories
Twitter

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios