Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

New Customers Can Come from Making A Referral and Giving A Referral

Nickel Contributor ‎03-08-2010 07:57 AM

referral.GIFEveryone loves referring an expert they know and most everyone loves getting referrals – it’s word-of-mouth endorsement and advertising for your business.  And there’s no better way to gain a new customer than by a referral.   

For instance, when I moved to New Jersey from Texas I didn’t know a good pediatrician for my kids, but a colleague referred me to her children’s doctor whom she said is wonderful with kids. That recommendation gave me the peace of mind I needed since the doctor came highly recommended.

During Make A Referral Week (March 8-12), organized by John Jantsch, author of Duct Tape Marketing, you have an opportunity to help grow the economy one customer at a time!  Jantsch is challenging small businesses across the country to make 1000 referred leads to 1000 deserving small businesses in an effort to highlight the power of the ‘backbone of America.’  Jantsch is also a regular guest on the free webinars presented by the Verizon Small Business Center.

You also can give and receive referrals by joining Verizon’s free professional networking platform found on the Verizon Small Business Center.  Putting your business online is another great venue to get exposure and expand your network of new friends and potential clients.  Well, get to it -- Make A Referral Week starts today and you only have until Friday to get your referrals in play!    

Browse Categories
Categories:
Get news from Verizon about Business Markets services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon Business Markets group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com

Modal Dialogue Title