Switch Account

The Verizon Wireless Test Man - A Reliable Guy with a Great Supporting Cast

The Verizon Wireless Test Man - A Reliable Guy with a Great Supporting Cast

VZW Test Man and the NetworkYou’ve probably seen the ubiquitous Verizon Wireless test man on billboards, TV, the Internet and, well, you name it.  He’s like our network – everywhere!  It’s no coincidence that our real-life test men and women were the inspiration for our long-running, iconic advertising campaign featuring the guy who says: “Can you hear me now?”

We test our network day after day to not only understand our customers’ experiences today, but also to make decisions on network enhancements and investments that will provide the best service for our customers in the future.

In 2009, our test men and test women traveled more than 1 million miles and conducted more than 3.5 million voice call attempts and more than 19 million data tests on our network and the networks of major competitors across the U.S. The data collected by the test men and women is used not only to compare our network performance with competitors, but to help us plan our annual network improvement program, including placement of new cell sites and expansion of existing call capabilities in growing communities.

At the CTIA WIRELESS 2010 show earlier this year we put the spotlight on our network testing program by reinforcing to attendees our commitment to provide the highest levels of quality and reliability for customers on our network.

We also let everyone know that we’re bringing the same commitment to quality and performance to our 4G LTE network, which we’ll launch later this year (trials are currently underway in Boston and Seattle):

• When we launch our 4G LTE network, our test men and women will monitor the 4G network as they do the current voice and data network. We expect to commercially launch 4G in 25-30 markets in 2010, covering 100 million people.
  • We’ve secured deals with several backhaul partners for our 4G LTE network.
  • We selected 7 layers as a laboratory to test devices for operation on our 4G LTE network.
  • When we joined together with Alltel last year, we not only brought the nation’s largest wireless 3G broadband network to new markets in Arkansas and Oklahoma, we also brought our long-running network testing and enhancement program to our newest Region – the South Central Region.
  • We recently added 10 new specially equipped company vehicles to our network testing fleet, bringing the total to 100 test vehicles. The vehicles enable us to enhance call quality and coverage capabilities and test new markets.
  • Our fleet of vehicles - the largest wireless network testing fleet in the U.S. - has more than tripled in size since 2000.

This means small businesses can be even more productive on the go with data speeds that are over 10x faster than current 3G technology.  To see a video of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE trials in Boston click here.  Next time when you see, hear or think of the slogan “Can you hear me now?” – remember it’s the Verizon Wireless commitment to the best wireless network anywhere.  Period.

Comments
Copper Contributor

tarot     :  very nice blog, congratulation o)

Copper Contributor

Mediums     :   Very interesting! I put in my bookmark!

Copper Contributor

consultation voyance      : I found your blog very interesting in terms of design and content.

Copper Contributor

voyance    : I just visited your blog: what I saw, I liked.

Copper Contributor

audiotel    : A nice blog that I discovered only!

Copper Contributor

horoscope 2011    :  Congratulations on your great job. This site is a reference.

About Verizon Business Markets
Get news from Verizon about Business Markets services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon Business Markets group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com

About the Authors

Tumara Jordan

Senior Manager: Verizon Business Markets

Photo of Tumara Jordan

Tumara is a contributor to the Business Markets Marketing team and she currently manages Social Media marketing campaigns.

Categories
Twitter