Switch Account

Weekly Roundup - Is Your Business Stalled?

Weekly Roundup - Is Your Business Stalled?
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus ‎06-03-2011 09:10 AM

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe first week of the month always brings news about jobs created and unemployment levels.  It appears that May was a weak month for both and the NFIB says that small business hiring stalled.  Perhaps the good news is that only 8% of small businesses plan to reduce their workforce.

We talk about small business financing and loans here on the Small Biz Blog and there is, potentially, a silver lining.  According to the Thomson Reuters/Paynet small business lending index, small business borrowing surged in April.  

But it isn’t always sweetness and light when it comes to borrowing.  A 110-year-old bike shop in Princeton, N.J. is probably not atypical of what any small business faces when getting a loan for operating capital.  Small business entrepreneurs are realists and keeping their doors open is a good sign for the economy.

Staying in the game and moving forward requires small business owners to keep asking themselves many of the same questions they would when starting up – What kind of  business do I want to be in? Where can I get capital?  How do I put social media to use? What do I need to do to incorporate (or take my business to another organizational level)?

Keep asking those questions and stay focused on your customer – success is a series of small steps that can turn into a giant leap forward!

Let us know what your successes are.

About Verizon Business Markets
Get news from Verizon about Business Markets services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon Business Markets group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com

About the Authors

Tumara Jordan

Senior Manager: Verizon Business Markets

Photo of Tumara Jordan

Tumara is a contributor to the Business Markets Marketing team and she currently manages Social Media marketing campaigns.

Categories
Twitter