As ubiquitously conveyed in the tech, vertical and business media, tablets are becoming a widely adapted and user-friendly business tool -- and that’s a good thing. Even better, they are affordable at price points near many laptops and ideal for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB).
Our current array of Verizon Wireless tablets includes the recently introduced Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 4G LTE and the Motorola Xoom (4G LTE upgradeable in September), plus several others. Verizon Wireless is the first carrier to support 4G LTE tablets.
4G LTE technology is the catalyst to get things done in the SMB realm. It levels the playing field with your competitors and larger companies and gives Verizon Wireless business customers the following core elements:
- Enhanced connectivity - rapid download speeds and low latency to get things done fast while on the go.
- Improved Operational Models - Allows businesses to do what they need to do, but more efficiently.
- New Revenue Models – 4G LTE combined with Verizon Wireless Solution Partners provides completely new innovations to revolutionize business.
The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 is a good looking, highly functional tablet that empowers mobile workers, SMBs and entrepreneurs to:
- Access corporate networks, files and applications via the downloadable Citrix Receiver app.
- Download or upload huge files, even HD video and 3D CAD drawings, via 4G LTE—(expected speeds from 5-12 Mbps to download and 2-5 Mbps on the upload)
- Stay on schedule with a calendar that syncs in real-time with Google and Exchange.
- View and edit Microsoft® Word, PPT and Excel docs using pre-installed Quick Office app.
We’d love to hear your feedback and experiences on how tablets have helped your business.
Guest post from Paul Macchia, national PR manager - Enterprise and Government for Verizon Wireless. For the latest and greatest Verizon Wireless news, please follow us: @VZWnews.
I don’t have to tell you that today it’s all about mobility. For businesses – particularly small- and medium-sized businesses – you want to be able to reach your customers and in turn have them reach you even if you are out – half way across the country.
Not all networks are created equally… depending on your mobile service provider you may or may not get service. If you are pitching a customer your service via your cellphone, you do not want to drop that call or have bad reception where your voice is broken up. Period. It’s a deal killer.
Verizon Wireless has been upgrading its network to the latest 4G LTE Technology. More than 100 markets in the US have 4G LTE, and we are rolling out more markets at regular intervals. Essentially, 4G is 10 times faster than 3G. It is not about speeds but capability. 4G will let us work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
We are working as fast and as hard as we can to deliver smartphones and tablets that work on our 4G LTE network. Click here to see some of these products.
Now, don’t take my word for it. Verizon Wireless continues to get solid accolades for their 4G LTE Technology. Sascha Segan of PC Magazine recently wrote an article, “The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011,” sharing the pluses of the 4G LTE Verizon Wireless network. Click here to read this article.
Is your business mobile?