Weekly Roundup – ‘Mompreneurs’ Win $5000, Data Breaches Are Avoidable and More
It’s been a busy week for the Verizon Small Business team. If you are a regular reader of this blog or if you follow us on Twitter or is a fan of the Verizon Small Biz page on Facebook, then you knew about these activities:
- The launch (today) of the Verizon Hardest Working Small Biz Mom contest – any Verizon customer who is a mom and owns her own business can enter to win $5000!
For more information go to www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz and click on the ‘Small Biz Mom’ link on the left of the page.
- We held our first live Twitter chat with our featured author, Alan Gregerman. He offered many tips on how a business can give their customers the best experience. To read the tips Alan offered during the live Twitter chat click here.
- We also hosted another free webinar with Alan Gregerman who provided some many tips from his book Surrounded by Geniuses. The replay is already up, click here to watch it.
NOTE: Next Wednesday’s (May 4th at 2 p.m. EST) our free webinar features Scott Belsky founder of Behance will offer tips to build up and engage with your customers. To register for this free webinar click here.
- Reminder: Businesses in the real estate industry can enroll in Verizon’s referral program where agents and brokers can earn $100 gift card.
Below you’ll find some interesting articles I found that you may want to read:
It may be an extra expense for small businesses to offer a wellness program for employees, but it looks like it pays off as it’ll lower health insurance costs and boost workplace productivity. To read the full article from the Wall Street Journal click here.
This should be a good read for every small business – real life lessons in the delicate art of setting prices.
Lastly, the majority of data breaches are avoidable. Is your company’s data protected? I say this as I’m reading an article on attackers attempted to wire more than $20 million stolen from SMB accounts to China over the past year and managed to successfully transfer $11 million, according to the FBI.
To get some more details on how your company can avoid data breaches and insights into the recently launched 2011 Data Breach Investigation Report join this free webinar next Thursday (May 5 at 11:15 p.m. EST) hosted by Wade Baker, Verizon’s director of risk intelligence and Bryan Sartin, Verizon’s director of investigative response.
Have a great weekend!
- Everyone's Tags:
- data breach information business