Verizon Wireless Amps Up Small Business Capabilities with Powerful New Devices at 2012 CES
This post is from Paul Macchia, a one time small business owner and now national PR manager for Verizon Wireless. Paul is at CES and sends this update.
As we hit the ground running in 2012, small and medium-sized business (SMB) owners and entrepreneurs are contemplating how to streamline their workflow operations and increase revenue. One key area on the short list of considerations is implementing and enhancing mobile technology to amp up business capabilities this year.
This week, at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Verizon Wireless unveiled new devices, including tablets, smartphones and mobile hotspots,that are sure to capture the attention of SMB proprietors. Here are a few great options:
- The Verizon Jetpack™ allows the sharing of blazing fast Internet connectivity via the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices. This is ideal when the need to work remotely becomes apparent. Those who travel internationally can access the Web in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds, on their Wi-Fi-enabled devices to stay connected no matter where business takes them.
- The first global-readyBlackBerry® Curve™ 9370is ultra sleek and lightweight, but super powerful. Running on Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, it’s equipped with the latest BlackBerry® 7 operating system, which means business doesn’t stop when you’re away from the office.
- Powered by Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, DROID 4 by Motorola is another deceivingly slim smartphone. It offers small business customers a full five-row QWERTY keyboard along with government-grade encryption to keep sensitive business data secure.
- Spectrum™ by LGoffers one of the brightest and sharpest displays available on a mobile device, which is great news for small business customers who need to view images and videos while away from a computer. The device also features a Qualcomm® 1.5 GHz dual-core processor combined with 4G LTE connectivity, ensuring your company continues to operate while you’re on the go.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7 is a great option for small business owners, ranging from realtors to restaurateurs, looking to implement tablets this year. Powered by the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, this tablet offers a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML5 Web browser that are sure to fire up any business.
If you are at CES, stop by the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) to check these devices out. For information about products and services for small businesses, visit www.verizonwireless.com/smb. Customers can also go to any Verizon Wireless Communications Store to speak to a small business specialist.
Small Businesses See How Your Peers Have Utilized Technology to Run Their Business Better
Guest blog post from Amy Grant, Verizon Wireless small business marketing manager.
As a business owner, I bet you are always on, a problem solver, constantly doing… and very, committed? I’m sure these traits sound familiar. It’s probably because you are the engine that makes your business go. You have a passion to succeed and will overcome any obstacle to make your dreams come true. When it comes to any business, it is important you have the best and the right technology to keep up with your pace and help make your vision a reality.
More and more small business owners like you are realizing the importance of technology. According to the Executive Council on Small Business, smartphone usage has experienced double digit growth over the last three years, and tablet usage is expected to increase rapidly over the next couple of years among small businesses. Whether you’re downloading apps, checking emails, sending invoices, browsing the web, accessing files, or managing employees in the field, small businesses are using the latest technology to drive growth and increase productivity.
Check out this video below to see Jeffrey Beecroft of White Bay Company who built two sets for a Victoria’s Secret shoot. Jeff discussed how Blackberry is his smartphone of choice which allows him to synch up with his partners scattered across the country. He uses his Blackberry to send pictures for real-time input from his partners in an effort to meet set building time schedules. Watch their story.
The partners, Jim and Ian, at Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures also shared their story of how they are using technology to run their business. The two run a 10-person fly fishing travel agency specializing in remote vacations to exotic destinations so they have to be sure their wireless network gives them global coverage. Watch their story.
To see how other small businesses across the country use wireless technology every day to improve their business visit www.verizonwireless.com/smallbusiness. These videos prove the small businesses with the best technology rules.
Which technology is your business using? If you need help selecting the right technology for your business, let me know in the comments section… my team and I will be happy to help.
4G LTE – Does Your Small Business Need It?
The question of speed is always of interest to anyone in business – how fast can my product get built? How fast can it be delivered? How long do my customers have to wait? How quickly can I put together a meeting?
Yes, the old adage that time is money is true everyday for a business of any size. Often you have to think about a tradeoff between time and money when considering how you’ll deliver your product or service. So what exactly is 4G LTE and where does it fit in?
The term is simply shorthand for the 4th generation of wireless broadband networks and, in the case of Verizon, it’s the fastest, most advanced 4G wireless broadband network currently available from any carrier. Mobility continues to be a key part of most of our lives and, for businesses, it’s a must. 4G brings you download speeds of 5-12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2- 5 Mbps. This is a substantial increase over current network speeds. With 4G you’ll get speeds up to 10x faster than 3G. Some other 4G providers consider 1.5 Mbps downloads their top speed.
What exactly does this mean for you? Well, basically, Verizon’s 4G can connect you at speeds that are faster than typical DSL or cable modem high-speed internet options and, of course, you can take it with you. In addition, the real ‘up’ side to this is the upload speeds that can go as fast as 5 Mpbs! If you’ve got files to share or have to connect for meetings over the Internet, this is a real timesaver.
Verizon 4G LTE may be part of the solution for your business – the more you travel, having a reliable, fast Internet connection can help you keep that edge on the competition. Today, there are 38 major cities with the fastest 4G service available. Watch for more to be added this year.