Stocks were down, then up, then down again this week, but your small business doesn’t have to run with the same yo-yo effect. Read on to learn how to make the most of these turbulent times with this roundup from the Web:
- How 3 Entrepreneurs Used Failure To Successfully Launch New Businesses
- Do Online Social Networks Make Us Better Social Beings?
- The Upside of Economic Constraints
- How Checklists Can Save Lives -- & Your Business
Are you in LA-LA Land?
If you’re in the Los Angeles, California area this weekend, don’t forget to stop by the LA Convention Center for the West Coast Expo (today through Sunday). The exposition and trade show is for small, medium, and large businesses with goods, products, and services to market on the West Coast.
Author Series Wrap-Up
For tips on how to join our LIVE Twitter chats, check out this past post or check out this short video tutorial (just go about 59 minutes into this webcast). Of course, don’t hesitate to post your questions below.
This week's articles are compiled by Ryan Morris, social media manager for Verizon.
Have a great weekend!
We’re excited and ready to host our monthly Twitter chats with a featured author from the Verizon Author Series. For those who don’t know what a Twitter chat is, it is simply a conversation on Twitter. You’ll find our one-hour conversation on Twitter by following the @VZSmallBiz username (www.twitter.com/VZSmallBiz) and searching for the hashtag #bizbooks.
We will post a reminder about the upcoming Twitter chats the Tuesday before each chat. Our Verizon Author Series Twitter chats will held on a Thursday (times will vary). We will also ask you to post questions for the author in the comments section of the blog. Or you can ask the author your question directly during the live Twitter chat.
All are welcomed to join the Twitter Chat. You will need a Twitter account to ask the author a question and or to add your comment during the Twitter Chat. Just be sure to include the hashtag #bizbooks in your Tweets so we can find your Tweets and know you are joining in the chat.
Here are some tips for joining the Verizon Author Series Twitter chat:
1. Follow @VzSmallBiz from your Twitter account.
2. Log in to Twitter a few minutes prior to the chat. Enter #bizbooks in the search box. TweetChat and TweetDeck are two Twitter tools you can use to follow the chat.
3. Make sure you use the #bizbooks hashtag in any of the tweets you are posting to the chat. To start the chat, @VzSmallBiz will post questions in the form of Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. The author will respond to the questions (and include the answer number A1, A2, A3) etc. so it’ll be easy for you to follow along. At any time you can join the conversation, ask the author any follow up questions or make a comment – just be sure to include #bizbooks so your Tweets can be tracked and responded to.
4. You may submit questions for the author by ”@ing” your questions to @VzSmallBiz or the author, DM-ing your questions to @VzSmallBiz, or simply ask your question as a status update in Twitter while including the hashtag #bizbooks. We will do our very best to get your questions answered.
We hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to get some of your business questions answered by one of our experts. During the Tweet chat we’ll also give several copies of the author’s book away, so join in!
- Everyone's Tags:
- business experts Twitter chat
How has your week been? Lots of interesting stories in the news these days. Check out these articles below that may be pertinent to your business.
All business knows customers are key, but some customers are just toxic… this article offers tips on how to handle them.
Your company like my may have a Facebook page… the biggest challenge is to keep your fans engaged and to get more fans. This article has some interesting facts about when to post and how to engage.
For years I’ve heard about the paperless office… I know I’m not there yet, but I want to be. Best to take action if invoices, checks and customer orders are buried… this article offers some solutions.
If you like watching videos more than reading then check out the Harvard Business Review channel on Youtube.
This video from Entrepreneur offers tips to find customers on social media… best to go where your customers go.
If you weren’t aware, Verizon offers free webinars (available on replay) featuring key experts offering tips and insights that we hope may help to enhance your business. The next free webinar (Thursday, April 14 at 2 p.m. EST) features author, entrepreneur, and consultant Alan Gregerman. Alan will show you how to unlock the brilliance in yourself and your business. To sign up, click here.
The first three to post a comment, sharing a story that might be helpful to other businesses will get a copy of Alan Gregerman’s book. And in case you weren’t aware, Verizon just launched the Verizon Author Series, making experts available to answer some of your questions.
Have a great weekend!
- Everyone's Tags:
- customer service