The Winner of the Verizon Hardest Working Small Biz Mom Contest Winner Is…
Drum roll please (click here for sound effect)… we are excited to announce the winners of Verizon’s Hardest Working Small Biz Mom contest. First, thank you to all the ladies who entered this contest. We loved your stories and were in awe of the way you are able to care for your kids, family, your business and more.
Congratulations to Texas’ Nichole Bently who is Verizon’s Hardest Working Small Biz Mom Contest Winner.
Mary Yarbrough, vice president of business marketing for Verizon, said, “It certainly wasn’t easy choosing the ‘hardest working’ mom. We congratulate the winners and commend all the women from across the country who entered the contest. The best part of this contest was the feedback we got from our customers on how they use Verizon’s products and services to help grow their businesses. We were thrilled to recognize all ‘mompreneurs’ and provide them with the opportunity to share their story.”
Nichole Bently, owner of Bentley Business Consulting, in Coppell, TX, is the first-prize winner (watch her video) followed by Lisa Pelino, owner of Sweet Dawn Café in Rochester, NY (click here to read her submission); and Jennifer Manriquez, owner of Bilingual Fun in South Lyon, MI, is the third-prize winner (click here to watch Manriquez’s video submission in which she shares how she relies on her Verizon Wireless Blackberry smartphone daily.)
We will issue the news release tomorrow which will have more information on the winners. Additionally, all of our winners will offer a guest blog post sharing some tips that might help your business…. so check here back soon.
Congratulations Nichole, Lisa and Jennifer!
Picture below of Nichole and her family.
My online friends, where does the time go? I’ve been trying to post this blog since this morning, but one thing led to another… Check out below these interesting articles I spotted this week. Let me know what you think of these weekly roundups and feel free to share a link to an article you found helpful for your business. Until the next time, happy reading!
- Our friends at Small Business Trends have a wonderful social media workshop with plenty of links to navigate your way into social networking.
- Are you familiar with the Pop-up store? If not, perhaps you should be thinking about it and Entrepreneur’s Carol Tice provides five reasons to consider it.
- InformationWeek’s Keith Ferrell captured highlights from Panda Security’s recent survey which noted 46% of small and midsized businesses have experienced at least one incident of cybercrime.
- Biznik’s Stacy Karacostas outlines five steps to make sure your business’ voice sounds a lot like your customer’s best friend.
- Duct Tape Marketing’s John Jantsch provides some good insight and details into how you can automate your lead generation system.