Customers With Disabilities

Social Media Tips for Every Small Business

by Employee ‎05-20-2011 12:09 PM - edited ‎05-24-2011 07:25 AM

I had a wonderful experience yesterday at the events taking place in Washington D.C. during National Small Business Week.  The Social Media Forum: Get Your Business Connected offered great tips to the many small – and medium-sized businesses in the audience.  I even learned about a few businesses using very creative and low-cost tactics to market their business and creating that buzz -- that everyone wants -- online.  Bottom-line, you have to have great content.  I (@VZSmallBiz) tweeted insights during the forum as did many just search in Twitter for #sbw2011 to read all about it.

My colleague, Terrie Howard, Verizon’s small business marketing manager, and I met the very lovely Rieva Lesonsky, president and founder of GrowBiz Media, a content and consulting company specializing in covering small businesses and entrepreneurship.  Rieva was also one of the speakers at the Social Media Forum.  Terrie and I asked Rieva to share some highlights from the forum – see the video below.  I won’t say, ‘I told you so,’ but do consider reading this previous post if your business still does not have a website.

As always, let us know how you like our content.

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: tumara.r.jordan@verizon.com

About the Authors

Tumara Jordan

Senior Manager: Verizon Small Business

Photo of Tumara Jordan

Tumara is a contributor to the Small Business Marketing team and she currently manages Social Media marketing campaigns.

Categories
Twitter

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios