Re: 3 out of 5 try's get error logging into email, Using Thunderbird and before that Mailwasher
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

This is day 5 of not being able to retreive mail through POP/SMTP.  It was available for about two hours yesterday, then went out and has been out ever since. Cannot retreive through POP/SMTP on any of the four desktop computers in the house nor on our iPhones.

Are boilermaker and I the only ones in the world with this problem?? 

Does anyone care?

And, yes, I do know this is a peer-peer support group not monitored by Verizon nor AOL.  But, AOL is a subsidary of Verizon and AOLs lack of support reflects poorly on Verizon as the accounts still carry a "verizon.net" address. Regardless of how Verizon feels/believes the email was/is a freebie, it was/is included in the cost of the service they provide(d), thereby make it a paid service. Shifting it to AOL to support and shifting the blame to AOL (a subsidary of Verizon) should not absolve Verizon from all responsibility to help resolve the issue....of course all in my opinion. 

Re: 3 out of 5 try's get error logging into email, Using Thunderbird and before that Mailwasher
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

You aren't the only one.  I've been down for 5 days now with no hope in sight.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Today is the start of week two (2) of not being able to access email at verizon.net through AOL POP and SMTP servers.

Will it ever get fixed?  I've emailed AOL email support twice and have yet to get any response at all. 

Verizon management needs to follow up with their AOL subsidiary, that is giving the Verizon name a black eye.  There are a lot of complaints about this in other fora and complaints venues on the web. 

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Now I can't get through on the web site!

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like Verizon/AOL email services are having a really bad time.  After almost two full days of being able to use POP/SMTP services I have not been able to connect starting at about 8:00 PM EST 5 Nov 2018.  Not only can I not connect through POP/SMTP, but webmail is down, too.

At least on the AOL email support link there was a banner that says they are working to solve account sign-in issues for some users.   It looks like URL I put in for aol.com is getting redirected to url that is very, very long gibberish.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

At approximately 9:20PM EST I was able to get back into webmail.  POP/SMTP login is still failing.

deilenberger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

IMAP/SMTP was also down for a few hours, even the web based interface was broken. Yahoo was up and down over the same time period.

Verizon - your service Suks.. 

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like things are working better today......Finally and knock on wood.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Geez!!  Got a whole 2 1/2 days of good email service from Verizon/AOL, but now the POP/SMTP servers or sign-in servers have got back to error mode.  Exactly the same problems we experienced for over a week just recently.  

A week after I submitted information via the AOL Email Support address I received email responses to the emails I sent.  It looks like Verizon/AOL has some serious issues that they can't seem to resolve. Hope it doesn't take a week again.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon/AOL POP3 servers are down again this today with the following error message.

Sending of password for user cnblambert@verizon.net did not succeed. Mail server pop.verizon.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.

I wonder if it will be restored before Monday.

AOL is sure giving Verizon an even worse reputation.

0 Likes