571 Server IP is blocked HELP!
92west

Good Afternoon,

We recently have updated our IP address which was provided to us through SoftLayer and it appears as though in 2013 the IP had been listed as a spam account; which was two years before we were using the IP.

We have gone through the appropriate channels and have verified on http://mxtoolbox.com/ and http://www.sorbs.net that the IP address is not listed in any of the 95 directlories listed; however about every other day we need to fill out another delisting request through the http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp.

So, every other day our e-mails go out to our drivers on tour and then they stop going through because of the following message:

Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning
message to sender

This message was created automatically by
mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be
delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The
following address(es) failed:

xxxxxx@verizon.net
   host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]
   SMTP error from remote mail server after
initial connection:
   571 Email from 50.23.21x.xx is currently
blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system.
The email sender or Email Service Provider
may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist
and request removal of the block. 150707

------ This is a copy of the message,
including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 132572
characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Prior Statement from Host / IP Provider:

Soft layer just sent us this information on the IP address as well.  They noted that it is definitely not dynamically assigned as per the WHOIS information included below.

http://www.hostingfixes.com/email/verizon-blacklist-removal

The address is definitely not dynamically assigned and you can give them the WHOIS information which shows SoftLayer as well as your company being shown as owning or leasing the IP:

whois 50.23.21x.xx
[Querying whois.arin.net]
[Redirected to rwhois.softlayer.com:4321]
[Querying rwhois.softlayer.com]
[rwhois.softlayer.com]
%rwhois V-1.5:003fff:00 rwhois.softlayer.com (by Network Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.5)
network:Class-Name:network
network:ID:NETBLK-SOFTLAYER.50.23.192.0/18
network:Auth-Area:50.23.192.0/18
network:Network-Name:SOFTLAYER-50.23.192.0
network:IP-Network:50.23.213.80/29
network:IP-Network-Block:50.23.213.80-50.23.213.87
network:Organization;I:Wounded Warriors Family Support
network:Street-Address:{edited for privacy}
network:City:Omaha
network:State:NE
network:Postal-Code:68137
network:Country-Code:US
network:Tech-Contact;I:{edited for privacy}
network:Abuse-Contact;I:{edited for privacy}
network:Admin-Contact;I:IPADM258-ARIN
network:Created:2014-04-29 14:38:27
network:Updated:2015-04-18 20:08:44
network:Updated-By:{edited for privacy}

Regards,

{edited for privacy}
Systems Administrator
Advanced Customer Support

On Jul 1, 2015, at 10:48 PM,  wrote:

Good Evening,

Unfortunately, the form mentioned was not supplied as a document or as a link.  If you could resend the e-mail I’ll happily fill in the credentials required.

The server that we are currently using from SoftLayer had a supplied IP address (50.23.21x.xx) that we just began using as of June 26th.  At that time it became known to us that the prior user of the IP had been flagged for spam in 2013 and we began the process of requesting a delisting. 

At this time we have the IP used as a dedicated IP address for the wwfs.org domain owned by the Wounded Warriors Family Support.  I’ve checked the server’s outgoing mail exim and found no issues with the forms or system sending e-mails out and verified that the 8 e-mail accounts sending habits were to known constituents or individuals that are requesting services from the Charity.  

The charity is also not currently and has not used this account (or any other) in the last four years for e-mail marketing.   We are examining the use of Constant Contact for this, but there hasn’t been a mass mailing since 2011.  

The server’s cpHulk firewall is in place and we have the Apache configuration set-up to examine and and verify all incoming and outgoing messages.  Each individual e-mail account is also limited to 250 messages per hour in the event that any hacking attempt should prove successful to limit any exposure.  

We have also verified that the SPF, DKIM and PTR records are valid and the HELO reflects the server information only.

I hope this helps and we look forward to resubmitting our credentials for review.

Best Regards,
0 Likes
Re: 571 Server IP is blocked HELP!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 92west,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes