Problem with Outlook 2007 and Verizon.net account
Buck50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had no issues synching my Outlook on my desktop with my Verizon email account even after the migration from Verizon to AOL. Had not logged into Outlook on my Windows XP machine running Outlook 2007 for a while and when  I turned it on yesterday it gave me security certificate issues. Saw a post on here to change my pop.verizon.net to incoming.verizon.net. That seemed to work and my emails started coming through. What the heck happened? The digital certificate when I looked at it stated pop.aol.com. Anyone else out there had this issue? My web based Verizon email through AOL works fine as does my Android which updated my email regularly.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Outlook 2007 and Verizon.net account
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
william32

I did as you suggested but when outlook downloads the messages they don't go into my inbox. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can only tell you what is working for me with my current set up

After a complete and successful migration to AOL this my current setup in Outlook

Outlook 2013 Email Account Settings

Email: *********@verizon.net            Type: POP/SMTP (send from this acct by default)

Click Repair tab

Your Name

Email address

Password: The one your internet service provider has given you

Next>

Repair Acct:

Congratulations!

Configuring

Outlook is completing the setup of your acct.

Establishing netwrk connections

Searching for ******@verizon.net settings

Log on to server and send a test message

Your POP3 e-mail acct is successfully configured

Selected acct delivers new messages to the following location

****@verizon.net\Inbox

In data file C:\Users\***\Documents\Outlook Files\*****@verizon.net.pst

THE TEST MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED IN MY AOL VERIZON INBOX

0 Likes
Buck50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well same thing happened to my Verizon issues tablet and the e-mail program on the tablet. Changed pop.verizon.net to incoming.verizon.net and now the emails are coming in no problem. Did this happen overnight? I reviewed the posts but I saw nothing about the server issue.

Re: ANOTHER WEEK, ANOTHER AOL/VERIZON EMAIL SERVER MALFUNCTION
Mungoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thankk you Lawrence C. you fixed my problem.  Was not receiving emails on Outlook since 2-19.  Changed incoming mail server from pop.verizon.net to incoming.verizon.net

and closed Outlook, restarted and all my emails started pouring in. No longer getting

the invalid security certifiacte popup. Hope this helps someone else

0 Likes
Cali789

When I tried the repair on Outlook07 I get the message when it searches for the server 

"An encrpted connection to you mail server is not available. Click next to attempt using an unencrypted connection."

I won't connect unencrypted as well.  

AOL will only help if you are a paying member. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you are using the right URL and port for the connection type (pop, imap,smtp).

0 Likes