AOL Email always down
tcarlson3

When will Verizon get rid of AOL as their email?  It is always down... always getting 502/504 Gateway Errors when trying to get to mail.aol.com.

0 Likes
Re: AOL Email always down
jonjones1
Legend

@tcarlson wrote:

When will Verizon get rid of AOL as their email?  It is always down... always getting 502/504 Gateway Errors when trying to get to mail.aol.com.

Go and get a gmail account. Or even an outlook account. You can set up either to grab mail from the AOL mail and it appears on the other emails systems.

AOL is old hat, get a proven free email program. I have about 10 different email providers since the old days of the bulletin board services. They all work. And yep I have an AOL email and it still works perfectly. Go figure 😀

0 Likes
tcarlson3

AOL was not my choice... Verizon email went to that.  I access my email from home with Outlook -- that's all good -- but to access my Verizon email account from work I have to use the Verizon web mail.... which is, unfortunately, AOL.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not seeing much down time with AOL email.  Note I am a Fronntier (sold to them by Verizon, and we moved to AOL just before that sale.

I only use mail.aol.com every week or so to check to see if any valid messages were mistaken for spam, instead depending on my Phone mail app (not the aol app) and Thunderbird on my desktop to access aol mail.  I always thought it was silly to use webmail when you could use such programs.

Note I prefer POP to IMAP for reliablity when net cannot be accessed and longtime email archive.  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tcarlson wrote:

AOL was not my choice... Verizon email went to that.  I access my email from home with Outlook -- that's all good -- but to access my Verizon email account from work I have to use the Verizon web mail.... which is, unfortunately, AOL.

Funny you say that. I use the original AOL email on my iPhones and iPads not using webmail access. You can get the AOL mail settings for your phones and tablets via Google under AOL pop mail settings.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

Not seeing much down time with AOL email.  Note I am a Fronntier (sold to them by Verizon, and we moved to AOL just before that sale.

I only use mail.aol.com every week or so to check to see if any valid messages were mistaken for spam, instead depending on my Phone mail app (not the aol app) and Thunderbird on my desktop to access aol mail.  I always thought it was silly to use webmail when you could use such programs.

Note I prefer POP to IMAP for reliablity when net cannot be accessed and longtime email archive.  

I use it also on my phones and devices. Not through any web based interface.

it has been stable. But I very rarely use all the email programs I have. Ha ha I use Royal Mail, and Canada .com and other mail.

0 Likes