AOL Server Not Found
slimpickens1

What's the story? When trying to connect to Verizon's AOL email server. I get the message cannot connect to server .. try again. This same reply keeps coming up. Eventually ... hours later I can connect.  This has happened frequently.  Verizon was good enough to give me aol.mail support number. However the aol. tech suggested that I purchase malware, spyware software from them so this problem won't happen again or again :).  200 dollars for one year - 300 dollars for 2 year or 500 dollars for a lifetime protection.  With all due respect ..... This Verizon email venture appears to be a pretty $lick trick on u$. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: AOL Server Not Found
jonjones1
Legend

Do yourself a favor and get a transportable email service like GMail or Outlook.

verizon now owns AOL and Yahoo mail services so you just see where that is going.

in old days Verizon.net was a viable email service, but when Verizon merged the emails and got out of Verizon.net branded email, things just don’t work as they use to.

0 Likes
GravesKRG

I have been trying repeatedly to access my e-mail. I have gone through your help desk. When He and I talked I could not understand him. His acsent was to thick. I keep getting onto my basic account. That is wonderful. I can pay my bill. Great That is wonderful but I can't access my e-mail. I'm glad I can pay the bill so nice,
 but now I want to access my e-mail. I have tried long enough . So Verizon is getting out of the E-Mail business. They sure are going out of their way to screw things up.

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail
jonjones1
Legend

@GravesKRGwrote:

I have been trying repeatedly to access my e-mail. I have gone through your help desk. When He and I talked I could not understand him. His acsent was to thick. I keep getting onto my basic account. That is wonderful. I can pay my bill. Great That is wonderful but I can't access my e-mail. I'm glad I can pay the bill so nice,
 but now I want to access my e-mail. I have tried long enough . So Verizon is getting out of the E-Mail business. They sure are going out of their way to screw things up.

Verizon transitioned to AOL and Yahoo to send and receive email. However they no longer offer verizon.net email to new customers for quite some time.

just get a better email service from GMail or Outlook email. Much easier and they will be around for a lifetime.

0 Likes
wmhjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry, but your response is useless and not remotely helpful  Sure, LOTS of people know that they need to start transitioning to a different service, however that takes time and they still have inbound email coming to that legacy address.  Telling them to just get another email service doesn't do a darned thing to address that issue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@wmhjrwrote:

I'm sorry, but your response is useless and not remotely helpful  Sure, LOTS of people know that they need to start transitioning to a different service, however that takes time and they still have inbound email coming to that legacy address.  Telling them to just get another email service doesn't do a darned thing to address that issue.

It is what it is. Let’s say Verizon takes all the mail being sent to the old verizon.net addresses and purge them? Let’s also say if as a customer you miss the transition period to go to AOL or Yahoo Mail by verizon? Well golly gee if you had set up your old Verizon email to be retrieved via GMail or Outlook Mail the Mail would still be coming in.

now if the Mail is gone, what is more productive to go to an email service that is a known and proven winner or come on here and critique a post that has nothing to do with you? 

I did not see any useful answer from you to the original poster.

0 Likes
Problem signing in to Verizon.net mail --AOL
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting my Verizon.net mail via AOL since the change with no problems.  I have two e-mail addresses ending @verizon.net.  

Yesterday, I used both e-mails with no problems at all.  Today, I am unable to log into one of the e-mails.  

I get Server error 0x800ccc90 and

Windows Live error 0x800ccc92

They are telling me that I am using an Incorrect password.  This is absolutely impossible.  I tried resetting and am still getting same errors.  I am able to log into one with NO problem at all.  Other is a problem on ALL my devices.  Computer, tablet & Phone.  

I tried removing account from my tablet, but then couldn't add it back in for security reasons.  What's going on?

Any suggestions?  

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Problem signing in to Verizon.net mail --AOL
mjmack

I have 2 emails and one is working fine and the other stopped working as of 6PM today. I can send emails, but cannot receive any emails on my phone, IPad or Outlook. When I log in using AOL Mail, the emails are there but cannot be opened. Anyone know of a solution or when this is going to be fixed?

0 Likes
wdg_pgh

Same problem here at 8:12 pm (EDT).  If I try to get messages in Thunderbird it says it is downloading message 1 of 38, but after a delay I get "The RETR command did not succeed.  Error retreiving a message.  Mail server pop.verizon.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] service temporarily unavailable."  If I go to webmail (mail.aol.com/webmail-std/) I see the list of messages, but if I try to view one nothing shows up.  On my phone I can see messages up to 4:30 pm, but the ten messages that are later than that on the webmail list are not there on the phone.  Apparently something broke at 4:30. 

0 Likes
wdg_pgh

It's now 8:46 and several messages just came into Thunderbird, but then the "The RETR command..." error message popped up again.  Thunderbird was downloading message 14 of 38 when things failed again.   ...  OK, now they seem to be coming down in fits and starts.  Oddly, all the ones I can see in webmail have now downloaded in Thunderbird, except for the latest, which is AOL shilling for one of its dubious "As an AOL member, you can try it FREE* for 30 days." offers.  I can gladly do without those emails--I wonder if there is any hope that the bug that is blocking just that one message will be permanent.

0 Likes