AOL Verizon EMail
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

The last couple of weeks, my AOL Verizon email has been acting wonky.  I use Mailwasher and Thunderbird.  It will connect and then not connect.  I tried finding who I could call, because all was ok until recently.  I called Verizon customer service and was told rightly, that Verizon does not support the mail anymore, and was given a number to contact AOL.  I called the number, and spoke with a man, who could barely speak English.  He was clueless.  He finally said to me that he was billing.  If I wanted to speak to someone in tech, I would have to pay $4.99 a month for technical service.  If I have technical service with FIOS, I can call and get the support, but now, if there is a mail issue, I have to pay monthly for a support package......that is outrageous.  I have had my email address for almost 10 years and it is a pain in the butt to change it.  I believe that Verizon and AOL need to get together so if we need technical support, it will be as easy as it is calling FIOS.  It should not be an extra charge.  Thank you for listening to my rant, and I hope something can be resolved.

0 Likes
Re: AOL Verizon EMail
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I have this posted for days and not one person from Verizon can help me resolve this issue.  I think since my email is @verizon.net, that they have the responsibility of helping resolve my issue.  My contract is coming up and I want to stay with FIOS, but if you people can't give me the courtesy of at least answering my post, I will rethink staying with FIOS.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://help.aol.com/products/aol-mail-verizon

This is a forum of customers helping customers. Doubtful anyone here can do more than give a support link which I did above.

if you want to leave no one is going to stop you. I would just get a transportable email like GMail or Outlook and stay far away from Verizon’s AOL, Yahoo branded email.

i use Hotmail/Outlook and GMail and have zero issues.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes