Re: AOL move and external POP account access not working sending and fixing 553 5.7.1 error
SamFrustrated
I
tns_2 wrote: 

Which thing do you think I am ignoring.  THe fact that you think AOL(a Verizon company) should still allow you to use a different userid and domain name?  Something else. 

I posted many links to other sites indicating it is normal for an ISP to process messages for their customers when the domain the messages are for (from) is not theirs. I posted an artice in the Verizon web site indicating it works. There are many customers here saying it worked previously.
It will really, really help if you could provide authoritative sources for what yoju are saying. When people say things that are inconsistent with each other it really help for them to post relevant information. I did, so it will really help other people for yoju to do that. Just saying trust me is good but it is better to provide other authorities. If you were an ISP in the past then it would help to be able to verify that.
I see many discussions in other forums were people are telling the other person they are wrong. Instead of doing that, they shoujld post something authoritive that communicates the truth.
I think it woudl be appropriate to have something that helps me and ohters to understnad what you are saying. If not then it would be nice if you could simply acknowledge that what I have provided is a strong indication of what I am saying.
0 Likes
Re: AOL move and external POP account access not working sending and fixing 553 5.7.1 error
SamFrustrated

@no6b wrote:

Having the same problem here too.  I'm worried that this is a new "security feature" to thwart address spoofing.  If so, we'll need another SMTP server to use to send our e-mail.  Anyone have any leads as to what's available?

If you can descrive why you can't use the mail server for the site hosting your domain then that will help. I can't remember why I was using Verizon's server instead of the server provided by my hosting server but my point is that it would have helped if Verizon provided a warning that they will no longer provide the service. My hosting service is now GoDaddy and I was able to figure out how to use their mail servder for my domains but it took a couple of hours. I would have preferred to have had more time to schedule when I took care of the issure.

0 Likes
Re: I can no longer send email
SamFrustrated

@hattrik21 wrote:

OK So I run a personal domain and have an email address to go along with it. For the last 3+ years I have not had any issues sending emails via verizon's servers when I authenticated with my verizon account.

It will help if you can explain why you cannot send messages using the server provided by your personal domain. Is it because there is not such a server?

0 Likes
SamFrustrated

@bulls2212 wrote:

I'm having the same problem.

Why would Verizon do this to its customers?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/After-being-forced-to-AOL-Mail-I-can-no-longer-send-m...

Can you explain why you cannot use the mail server provided by your domain's host? It is very easy for others to say you need to do that but if there is a good reason why you cannot then that would help.

0 Likes
batguano1
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few years ago, before the email move to AOL, Verizon discontinued an authentication service that allowed email user to send email from non-Verizon domains through Verizon SMTP servers.  This limitation continued after the move to AOL outbound email servers (smpt.aol.com) at least for those with verizon.net user ids.

Today I tried going back to Square One by attempting to send non-verizon.net email through the non-Verizon (HostMySite) SMTP server.  Surprise!  It worked.

The outgoing email server setting for HostMySite are mail.mydomain.xxx, Port 50,  SSL unchecked, authentication checked, same user id and password as incoming (POP3) email server.

The inability to send email from non-verizon.net domains has been a problem for years and the Verizon tech support people don't understand it.  Please let the community know if my solution works for you.

0 Likes