Accessing email away from home
dalejr88fan

I just switched to Verizon Fios on Friday and I am trying to access my email from my work computer.  I can see my Inbox, but when I click on the message to read it, all I get is a blank screen.  I assume that I need to try to change some settings on my work PC, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Accessing email away from home
prisaz
Legend

@dalejr88fan wrote:

I just switched to Verizon Fios on Friday and I am trying to access my email from my work computer.  I can see my Inbox, but when I click on the message to read it, all I get is a blank screen.  I assume that I need to try to change some settings on my work PC, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

This would get better coverage on the Forums Email board.

If you have downloaded the Email to your mail client at home, it deleted it from your account at webmail.verizon.net. You must change your mail client at home to leave the messages on the server if you wish to access them from work. Or use Webmail at both locations. If you choose to to leave the mail on the server, you must log into the webmail client and clean out you mail from time to time, as it does not have unlimited space. If you are using a mail client at work instead of webmail, and you wish to download the mail to you client at home, you may also need to change the settings work.

RedShooz

DITTO!  I've been a Fios customer for months. Email sucks!  From home, from my office, from anywhere. The client is constantly down, get blank pages, get randomly kicked off right in the middle of a lengthy email.  I was so hoping I could use Verizon as my primary email but it is causing me nothing but grief. I'm to the point now of calling and finding out what the problem is.  I despise using verizon.net.

Hope your problems improve.  Good luck!

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually their email is pretty good  and reliable (past 48 hours excepted) ... it's the web front-end that is a bit dodgy.  While I hesitate to suggest it because I personally am not a fan of the "portal" experiences offer by Yahoo! or AOL -- Verizon does allow you to "switch" experiences (under your My Account settings) to one of these two portals instead (once you do so, your email is handled thru that portal and you can't come back to the Verizon "experience").   The experience interface is no cost and you retain your verizon.net email address -- it's just that you retrieve and send your mail thru the web interface provided by Yahoo! or AOL instead.   You might want to investigate that avenue.   I do know that different areas of the country appear to have different experiences.

Optionally, the big web-based mail providers (Gmail and Hotmail/Live among them) also have the ability to configure their accounts to poll and pull in mail from your Verizon mailbox via a POP connection.   So mail sent to your Verizon address is automatically retrieved by their webmail interface and shown to you.   I know that Gmail will even let you create a "send as" capability so that you can send mail as your verizon.net account without needing to expose your Gmail account name.   Another option.   (I have my own domain, so I use GoogleApps standard -- which is free for personal use -- and do exactly this pulling in my verizon.net mail to my Gmail based web interface).

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you can see your email header but cannot view the actual message try clearing out your temp files, browser history and cookies.  I had the same problem on my wife's PC and it was driving me nuts until I reset the browser.  If that doesn't work try a different browser.

0 Likes