Address Book Missing!
JDP5
Enthusiast - Level 1

This week, my email was hacked and a spam message was sent out across my email address.  I changed my password as soon as I was informed and I thought the whole thing would pass (as it's done before).  However, I soon noticed that 1) I am receiving only a few scattered emails (instead of the usual 40-50) per day, and 2) my address book of several hundred contacts is not there.  This is distressing.  Does anyone know what can be done in this circumstance?  Since it's a Sunday, I haven't yet had a chance to phone Verizon. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Address Book Missing!
JDP5
Enthusiast - Level 1

After some prompting, a Verizon technician sent an email to Yahoo and, fortunately, Yahoo recovered my address book with 915 contacts.  What a relief!  Time to export contacts and save a backup file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JDP5
Enthusiast - Level 1

After some prompting, a Verizon technician sent an email to Yahoo and, fortunately, Yahoo recovered my address book with 915 contacts.  What a relief!  Time to export contacts and save a backup file.

0 Likes
gmstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Verizon email, on Safari:

Suddenly, I am missing all my contacts; my address book is gone.

When I select the “Contacts” tab, I get “request failed”.

Verizon “fix”:

Switch to Firefox; address book loss is known issue with Safari

Ask if there is a way to EXPORT my contacts told YES

0 Likes
bgilfoil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  About halfway through the day yesterday using Chrome (not Safari) my address book became unavailable.  Same "Request Failed" error.  No problem until yesterday.  Typical Verizon support.  We as customers have to rely on each other to determine what Verizon's known issues are.  I have two choices at my office, Chrome or Explorer.  Address book is visible on Explorer.  Chrome is my preference (and millions of others)

budman1949
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem as below - Verizon is useless.  So glad I stumbled on this so I discover contacts were still there but only in Explorer which I hate as well.  Thank you.

@bgilfoil wrote:

Same problem.  About halfway through the day yesterday using Chrome (not Safari) my address book became unavailable.  Same "Request Failed" error.  No problem until yesterday.  Typical Verizon support.  We as customers have to rely on each other to determine what Verizon's known issues are.  I have two choices at my office, Chrome or Explorer.  Address book is visible on Explorer.  Chrome is my preference (and millions of others)

0 Likes