Alias Email Address
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

I wanted to create an Alias Email Address for my ' Email Account which is a Verizon.net email.  I signed into "My Verizon" and went to my Account profile where all of my email setting were listed.  The list contained such info as Verizon Email Address and

Primary Email Address with the appropiate address Information and a clickable link for "Change" or "Settings". 

Also listed was "Verizon Email Alias" wtih no address, but this had neither a change nor setting link to its right. There was nothing on this page that would allow me to set up an Alias.  I could add or delete "Sub Accounts", but not an Alias account.

While hunting around the Verizon Web Site for a solution I found a link on another page for "Alias Email Tool", but when I clicked it, I was taken to the same account profile page I had been previoulsly.

So how/where can I set up an alias.  I wish to set this up for my main email address NOT a Sub account address.

Re: Alias Email Address
James_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

JustaGuy,

This is a known issue at this time. We are currently working on a solution with no estimated time of repair yet.

At this time, the Alias tool is not showing up for customers and/or not working when trying to create, remove, or modify an Alias. Please do not use the tool until the issue has been resolved. 

Hope that clears up your questions for you.

Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Dear James,

If I understood the issue, users want to change their email alias or the name that appears to recipients of their emails.

I just successfully changed my alias from Lorena to Maria within Verizon Message Center/Settings/Email Settings.

Is this the issue or did I misunderstand?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have the same problem.  

I sign in at myverizon.com

I hover over account, hover over profile and select residential. 

there is an email alias section that is completely disabled.  All other areas have a settings button to make changes, this area has no settings button.  when I opened live chat I was told that it's down with no eta     I called, was told the same thing.    very frustrating.   

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Lorena_VZ wrote:

Dear James,

If I understood the issue, users want to change their email alias or the name that appears to recipients of their emails.

I just successfully changed my alias from Lorena to Maria within Verizon Message Center/Settings/Email Settings.

No, this is an issue with the actual emal alias feature. Verizon email accounts have one auto-assigned vzid, one username that cannot be changed once it is set, and one email alias that the customer can change at will. So "Jim Bob" could have both jimb@verizon.net and jim.bob@verizon.net on the same account.

This changes the way mail is delivered, not just the way it appears.

James_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Lorena_VZ wrote:

Dear James,

No, this is an issue with the actual emal alias feature. Verizon email accounts have one auto-assigned vzid, one username that cannot be changed once it is set, and one email alias that the customer can change at will. So "Jim Bob" could have both jimb@verizon.net and jim.bob@verizon.net on the same account.

This changes the way mail is delivered, not just the way it appears.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lorena_VZ, Somegirl has exactly the right answer to this question. Thanks Somegirl.

0 Likes