All my emails in the Inbox are suddenly gone?
Dad3and3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Logged on this morning and all my emails were there.  Just logged on now and they are all gone.  Not in the Trash file.  What happened?

0 Likes
Re: All my emails in the Inbox are suddenly gone?
Maxluv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine aren't gone but nothing is coming in or going out...worked fine this morning, i sent an email at 1:45 and its still sitting in my outbox..

0 Likes
Dad3and3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a test email from another account and it came through.  All my Sent Mail is there, just nothing in the Inbox is left, all gone.  I didn't delete them or they would be in my Trash file but they are not.

0 Likes
dbaucke
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me! I went from a full mailbox to 2 emails!!!!! I have contacted Verizon twice now and still not resolved. They say they have no idea and that once my emails are deleted there is no way to get them back.  I am beyond frustrated and have checked all settings on outlook, phone, etc. to ensure no settings were set to "delete from server".  Must figure this out!!

Nothing stays in my inbox...mail comes in, then disappears 😞  Test emails come in as well, but just disappear.

0 Likes
Dad3and3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well about an hour with Verizon Support and they claim to be helpless in retriving the emails they deleted.  Worthless Service.  They just didn't want to do the work to undo what they did in the first place.  

Anyone else have this issue? 

dbaucke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so confused as to how/why this is happening. Yesterday's phone conversation with verizon ended with me being told the issue was "resolved" since a few emails had not disappeared immediately. Of course they went missing shortly after I hung up with them. No admission that this was a problem on their end. Emails continue to spontaneously deleted.

LawrenceC can you help in any way??
0 Likes
Dad3and3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the same run around.  They didn't offer any solution.  Customer support basically tried to blame me or my phone but I've had this account for over 15 years and nothing like this ever happened before.  My contract is up in 5 months and I'll look to change then.  For now I am changing all my email contacts to another carrier for safety.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Any time mail disappears from the server, there's a pretty good chance there's some device pulling it off. This can happen even without you intending it to. For example, the default Verizon setup for a long time (and possibly still) configured Outlook automatically unless you were paying attention and unchecked the box during the install.

The easiest way to fix it is to change your password. Once the device(s) can no longer authenticate, the disappearances should stop.

Dad3and3
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of my devices are set up to leave the mail on the server.  I've rechecked this and that setting is still intact.  Mine was a Verizon issue.  Worthless customer service.  I'm going back to cable.

0 Likes
dbaucke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SomeGirl,

I have checked and rechecked my settings as well to make sure they were set to leave on server.  You may still be right, though, in that I have not checked one device that has my gmail set up on it...my old phone that my daughter is now using.  My husband still thinks it is gmail that is deleting the emails from the server since my emails will come to Outlook only when Outlook is up and running.   Otherwise, they go to my gmail account and get deleted from Verizon server instantly and when I start up Outlook they don't show up. 
Maybe I will try changing the password to my Verizon email as you suggested to see if that works 🙂

0 Likes