Switch Account

Alternative outgoing address

Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 3
(403 Views)

I have an email address I prefer to use for my outgoing mail.  This is through my university and it is a "shell" that shunts the messages to the inbox of my choice (currently verizon). On my home computer, I can send out email so that they appear to be coming from xxxxxx@biguniversity.edu.  However when I use webmail from work - the email comes from xxxxxx@verizon.net.

Is there a way to set up my email so that my preferred email address shows up even when I am using webmail?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Alternative outgoing address

Message 2 of 3
(383 Views)

If you are sending from the Verizon website there is no way to show a different email address when you are sending out emails.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Alternative outgoing address

Message 3 of 3
(367 Views)

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

If you are sending from the Verizon website there is no way to show a different email address when you are sending out emails.

I would not be so sure of that, if I were you. See my sample screenshot..

[EDIT] After some more testing, this is what you meant to say...

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

If you are sending from the Verizon website there is no way to show a different email domain name when you are sending out emails.

^

image.jpg

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.