Alternatives to Verizon e-mail do to amount of spam
fyrisle

I have been informed by Verizon that there are no other steps available that can be taken to reduce the amount of spam that I have not already done. I am disappointed as I work as an e-mail administrator and we use tools that make spam a rare event. So the next thing for me is to determine what the alternatives are. I figure I could switch to another internet provider or start using a free Yahoo! or Google e-mail while keeping Verizon. What have other people done who have been overloaded with spam? 

0 Likes
Re: Alternatives to Verizon e-mail do to amount of spam
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yahoo and Verizon have a deal where you can use them easily with Verizon (at least in most areas)

Lots of people like GMail (google's) spam filter.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe TNS_2 meant "Yahoo and Google have a deal..."

In any case, a standard Google account can be setup to pull email from Verizon and spam filter it.  You'll have to receive your email from Google using either their web interface or an email client configured to access Google email servers, but you can configure GMail and/or your client to send mail through Verizon.

In short, you can use Google as spam filter.  It works great.

Good luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

is the Yahoo/veizon deal using Google filters?  Certainly Verizon offers the Yahoo interface as on option.  Personally I never counted on any these filters but used mail client software with filters added to them.

On the other hand Gmail is also a popular option.

0 Likes