Android Phone and Verizon-Yahoo Email account
bluemoonangel

I've had my Verizon-Yahoo email account as my default email on my Android phone for nearly
2 years. Suddenly, it does not sync with my actual email anymore and I cannot retrieve newly

sent email to me.
What happened?
I deleted my Verizon-Yahoo email account thinking I could readd it without issue and now it
won't add it. So, I am without my regular, most used email address on my mobile phone.
How do I fix this problem step by step and what happened in the first place.

If I canot retrieve my email there is no need for data. I need it for college classes and work,
as well as other business uses.

Can someone help me?

In addition, I have been receiving ALOT of SPAM on my regular Verizon-Yahoo email over the
past 6-12 months and I don't understand why. How do I fix that. I keep sending these adult ads
and other SPAM to the SPAM folders but it keeps coming back!! Is someone signing me up
for this stuff and how do i stop t from happening?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Blue.

0 Likes
Re: Android Phone and Verizon-Yahoo Email account
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Incoming Mail server = incoming.yahoo.verizon.com

Outgoing Mail server = outgoing.yahoo.verizon.com

Use the standard port 110 for your incoming mail

Use port 587 for the outgoing email.

For both make sure SSL is not checked.

0 Likes
bluemoonangel

Thank you.
When I try to add account it fails over and over again and just asks me to try again.
When I try to add corporate sync account it does not recognize the incoming server
I input per your reply. It states error and does not recognize host.

Blue.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Those are the correct settings. I have double checked on my Droid RAZR. I deleted my email account on the phone and re-entered without any troubles. I too am yahoo partnered. This seems to be a problem with the way the phone is sending the settings. Consult with your wireless carrier to see if there is a different way these settings need to be entered.

0 Likes
wylse

My yahoo e-mail has been comprimised.I am resending emails to people i sent them to weeks even months after i originally sent them.This is not only troubling to me but it is troublesum to the recipients.Anyone else having issue?

0 Likes
NYCityGirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi:

I experience the same problem when I downloaded systems updates on my Android Bionic phone, I was not able to sync my Verizon Yahoo email account.  I went through the same steps and nothing worked, until one savvy Verizon Wireless IT support agent told me to download the Yahoo Mail App on to my phone and that solved my problem instantly.  I logged in using my Verizon.net username and password and have been able to access my email with no problems ever since and have also updated my Yahoo Mail App and all works beautifully.

NYCityGirl

jersygrl

My droid razor-maxx will not sync today either and it is very frustrating.   I go to setting and and all I can do is 'touch the screen to sync now' but it do not retain the option.  It continues to display 'Sync is off.'  I too am looking for an answer to this dilemma - PLEASE!

0 Likes
redfern220

THANK YOU!!! this was the easiest way to fix this problem.  My yahoo-verizon email was working fine then all the sudden it stopped. I tried and tried to load it on and just couldn't get it to work.  this is great..and the app is better than it was originally!!

Thanks !

0 Likes
gardenertoo

Thanks for your comments.  Wireless told me it was email's problem but downloading the app worked.

0 Likes
Rmarie2

OMG!! Thank you soooooo much!! I've been losing sleep, because I can't sync my email to my Galaxy S5. It was working fine at first, then it stopped syncing. Verizon wireless couldn't help me. They told me to call verizon residential, but I can't be waiting on hold forever. So, I decided to go online and see if anyone else was having the same problem. I saw your post and I tried downloading the Yahoo APP and it worked!! Thank God! You're a life saver. Thanks so much for your help. Very much appreciated 🙂

0 Likes