Bill received from CMR (demand for payment)
Verordzpad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a bill from CMR Claims department for $345.96 in reference to property damage -- aparently a line of some sort.  I have no clue what they are talking about.  I contacted Verizon support and I got transferred many times and eventually was told they have no idea about this bill and could not help. I was told to contact the number on the bill. The CMR claims department are not  helpful or responsive.  They kept insisting that I make a payment or they would 'escalate the claim' and that if I wanted to avoid further action I should pay the bill.  I kept asking for a manager and insisting to speak to someone else, such as a supervisor, but was met with the same script "pay the bill" or 'can you pay $300.00 at least'? I will be filing a complaint with CFPB and BBB about their attempts to collect on a debt I don't owe, making false statements, and making threats to take legal action. 

The Verizon customer support said the charges are from a maintenance/repair department (third party) and does not show up on my account. I have not ordered any type of repairs at all. 

This is very frustrating.  I need to contact someone at Verizon that can escalate and resolve this issue.  It is impossible to contact anyone that actually knows how to handle this issue.  Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Re: Bill received from CMR (demand for payment)
bangbang3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could very well be a scam as well to sucker you into paying them.

0 Likes
Re: Bill received from CMR (demand for payment)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes