CAN'T SEND E-MAIL!!!!!
Alliharin
I made the changes that you said we needed to in order to use outlook. Now I can receive my e-mail fine, but not send it. Even your little "fix it" app couldn't resolve it. All settings have been verified to be exactly as you stated they must be. This needs to be resolved ASAP. A week without being able to send is unacceptable. Your phone help is useless. We pay too much for this kind of lack of service.
0 Likes
Re: CAN'T SEND E-MAIL!!!!!
Alliharin

yup tried all of that.

My settings are just as they are listed.

I can receive my e-mail fine, but I can't send e-mail.

I get this error when trying to send

Task XXXXX@verizon.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Alliharin wrote:

yup tried all of that.

My settings are just as they are listed.

I can receive my e-mail fine, but I can't send e-mail.

I get this error when trying to send

Task XXXXX@verizon.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Please provide all of your output sever settings, that is the only way someone can hopefully identify your problem.

Are you using Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition? Have you Googled the error message? Microsoft has a specific fix for this, and supposedly the fix is included in Service Pack 3 for this version of Office.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Alliharin
All my settings are exactly as verizon said they should be.
It has nothing to do with outlook, it was working fine before making the changes verizon said to make.
My other email accounts work fine with outlook.
It's a verizon issue.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Alliharin wrote:
All my settings are exactly as verizon said they should be.
It has nothing to do with outlook, it was working fine before making the changes verizon said to make.
My other email accounts work fine with outlook.
It's a verizon issue.

If you are just going to close your mind and refuse to accept any help, why did you bother to come here? These forums are for users to help users, not for you to complain to or about Verizon. 

I view your issue as: 1) a bug in Outlook that you refuse to obtain and install the fix for, or 2) incorrect definitions by you. Since you refuse to even acknowlege those possibilities I don't see how anybody can help you.

I hope you eventually get your email working.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Alliharin
All that has been checked and verified. They were ruled out before coming here.
I'm not a novice, and have checked everything.
I came here hoping to get an answer from verizon.
I've seen posts of other people having the same issue and it has yet to be addressed.
Telling me to check things I have already checked, and then yelling at me because I tell you that's already been ruled out isn't helpful and makes you the closed minded one.
I didn't come here to argue with another user, I came for some help from verizon.
If you continue to just bash me, they'll close this thread and I still won't get the help I need,
I appreciate you trying, but as I said, I've already ruled out all of that, and the only thing I can see left is an issue with verizon
I'd appreciate some sort of response from the company I am paying for the service that I am not receiving.
0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Alliharin,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Regards,

AnnieS

lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

justin clearly verizon is still having issues with the pop3 and smpt settings.wow justin bad day or what lol

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lilhighway wrote:

justin clearly verizon is still having issues with the pop3 and smpt settings.wow justin bad day or what lol

Edit: Original response removed. After thinking about the above post, I have decided that it demonstrates all by itself the attitude of the poster, and thus no futher comments are needed.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes