Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

CLICKING HOME TAKES ME DIRECT TO MY INBOX---UNWANTED

Contributor
Contributor

CLICKING HOME TAKES ME DIRECT TO MY INBOX---UNWANTED

Message 1 of 5
(594 Views)

VERIZON IS USED AS 'HOME PAGE'. USUALLY ANY USER HAS TO ENTER THIER DISCREET ID AND PASSWORD TO RETRIEVE THIER PERSONAL MAIL. SUDDENLY----WITHOUT 'KNOWINGLY' CHANGING ANY SETTINGS, CLICKING 'HOME' (VERIZON) TAKES ME----OR ANY USER DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX----NO SIGN IN REQUIRED. I 'SIGNOUT' OF MY ACCOUNT WHEN FINISHED AND AM SURE THAT THE 'KEEP ME LOGGED IN' OPTION IS NOT CHECKED. OTHER USERS CAN STILL ACCESS THIER INBOX AFTER BEING DIRECTED TO MINE BY SIGNING ME OUT (ALTHOUGH I HAVE ALREADY DONE SO) AND THEN ENTERING THIER INFO ON THE SIGN IN PAGE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I DON'T WANY MULTIPLE USERS TO HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL MAIL. (USING WINDOW 7 IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

4 REPLIES 4
JOSEm441
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: CLICKING HOME TAKES ME DIRECT TO MY INBOX---UNWANTED

Message 2 of 5
(561 Views)
OPEn internet explorer - internet options - content - auto complete settings - delete auto complete history.
This answer assumes you are not using any third party programs to store passwords. Please let us know
If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(549 Views)

Did not work...made sure the "PASSWORDS" box was checked along with history, cookies etc....but I do appreciate the response....thank you

JOSEm441
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 4 of 5
(546 Views)

You could also try internet options, general - Browsing history - delete - then I normally check on all except preserve favorites website data... then click delete. You may lose stored cookies with passwords for other site though.

Personally I do thison a weekly basis but I am I bit anal . (Please Smith6612 no cheap shots here). LOL

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(519 Views)

BINGO!..................behaves perfefectly now......many thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.