CONCERN RE SWITCH TO AOL MAIL FOR VERIZON YAHOO CUSTOMERS
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an email today from Verizon that has me extremely upset:

"Your current verizon.net email that you access through Yahoo will move to AOL mail."

I use the multiple address feature Addressguard with Yahoo. AOL does not support this, correct?

HOW DO I GO ABOUT KEEPING MY YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT AND,MY EMAILS TO REMAIN WITH IT? 

0 Likes
Re: CONCERN RE SWITCH TO AOL MAIL FOR VERIZON YAHOO CUSTOMERS
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using Verizon Yahoo also.  I don't want to change my Outlook server settings.  Actually those settings are on my multiple computers and phones.  It's a pain to change them everywhere.

Verizon's no help.  They are contradicting their answer on whether I need to change my server settings or not:

Yes, but only if you change your password. We do recommend that you change your password when you register with AOL. You will then need to update your password in your email application settings.

No. You will not need to change your incoming and outgoing mail server settings if you use a 3rd party email client to access your @verizon.net email.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Sid, I found out you can sign up for a personal Yahoo account, if you have a cellphonr, which I don't have. Do you use the Yahoo Addressguard, it is great, you have a separate address for each contact and if, as always happens, you start getting spam, you only have the one address to change and it is very easy. I cannot begin to imagine the hassle of doing without it.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

One way or the other, I'm staying with Yahoo. I am not opening an account with AOL. Befre Verizon, I had AOL internet, and, I want to tell you, it was beyond awful. And trying to get the AOL junk removed from my computer required a reinstall of Windows. Verizon bought AOL. If you follow the links, you find that AOL is trying to upsell Verizon customers on various extras, none of which look useful, but then Verizon has found another way to dig into customers's pockets which is their only concern. Verizon and AOL, birds of a feather. It is fitting Verizon bought them because Verizon has become just as bad as AOL is.

SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree.  AOL is for computer novices.  Verizon is just looking for more ways to make money off of their customers.

0 Likes
Re: ADVICE RE SWITCH TO AOL MAIL FOR VERIZON YAHOO CUSTOMERS
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon-Yahoo customers

I have now made the switch from VY to V-AOL as required and I want to mention this advice.

Although the FAQ's being issued by Verizon lead one to believe all of your Yahoo mail will continue being forwarded, this is NOT the case. Only what is in your inbox and folders on the day you switch is forwarded.

Be aware and before you make the switch, either change your Yahoo address with all your correspondents or setup forwarding with Yahoo Mail. Because you will be locked out of Yahoo Mail after you make the switch.

0 Likes