Can Not Send Email from Phone with Verizon WiFi
motoyoyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon Fios and Internet at my home and a Verizon email account.  I do not have a Verizon wireless phone.  My Android smart phone from Republic Wireless will not send emails that have attachments, over my Verizon WiFi.  I can turn the WiFi off on my phone and the phone will send the messages over Cell service to my Verizon email account.  My Verizon router is a standard setup with standard settings.  I have not verified whether my emails can be sent on other WiFi locations outside my home, but I'm fairly certain that they will not send on other WiFi either.  Is there a special permission or setting I need from Verizon to be able to use a Non-Verizon cell phone on WiFi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can Not Send Email from Phone with Verizon WiFi
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Triple check your email configuration

http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

if not using Verizon/yahoo email

outgoing smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming pop.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

View solution in original post

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi motoyoyo,

You should be able to send emails from your mobile phone, whether it is a verizon wireless phone or not, over your home fios internet connection without issue especially if it is a Verizon.net email account. Can you check to see if this happens via other WiFi connections also? Do you receive any error messages when trying to send messages over your home WiFi connection and if so, what is the error message?

Thanks,

CJH

0 Likes
motoyoyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having this problem from all four of my cell phones.  It happens on all wifi connections whether at my home or away.  I just recieved an email from my daughter that was dated three months ago.  Emails just get hung up in the Outbox and then send randomly at a way later date usually.  If I switch the wifi off, the emails will send.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Triple check your email configuration

http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

if not using Verizon/yahoo email

outgoing smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming pop.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

motoyoyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.  These settings did not work for me at first, until I noticed the extra comment about enabling SSL security.  The new email settings seem to work great.  I'll have to wait and see if my phone works properly.  Thanks.

0 Likes