Can not connect to incoming.verizon.net
rarpsl

For the past few days, I have been unable to connect to incoming.verizon.net to retrieve my email via my Mail Client. I have not altered my settings and until now I have not had any connection problems. I have no problems SENDing email from the account. 

In addition I have before this started for the past week or so had very slow downloading of the email (there was a 2-3 second delay between the fetching of each message instead of them being rapidly retrieved as they had been prior to the slowdown).

Is anyone else having this problem. There is no contact address on the site to report this problem. Sending to Postmaster@Verizon.Net (the standard role account for reporting email problems, routes the message to abuse which returns a canned message telling you how to report abuse and saying that your message to them will be ignored if it is not an abuse problem (and that your message may not even get read or responded to even if it is an abuse issue).

0 Likes
Re: Can not connect to incoming.verizon.net
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I suggest you go into your email client settings and verify what the settings are:

Incoming Mail should be set to port 995 and use SSL

Outgoing mail should be set to port 465 and use SSL

You can run through the VZ wizard here:  http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet.htm

and choose Email Set up

If it still does not work reply with your email client program.

rarpsl

I have tried tech support as you suggested and wasted 90 minutes while a useless tech controlled my machine and was unable to solve the issue. I spent the first 5-10 minutes showing the tech my settings (which have not changed from when they worked prior to Friday) as well as showing the failure occuring. After that aside from watching the tech crawl though my machine, nothing got accomplished. The tech was unable (or unwilling) to bump the problem to Level 2 or the Server administrators. There is NO email address listed on the site to actually file a problem report with someone who can actually deal with it as opposed to working from a script.

I posted here to find out if I am alone with this problem or if others are unable to download their email from incoming.verizon.net.

0 Likes
rarpsl

This are my settings and have been since before Friday when it stopped working. As I stated these have been my settings for months and aside from the noted slowdown in retreiving my messages, everything was working until Friday at which point the POP Server started to time out when I attempt to connect.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Did you let windows apply some fixes?  I noticed that one of my sites stopped working with Quicken and IE that used ssl with tls 1.2.   I had to turn off TLS 1.2  (leaving TLS 1.0 and 1.1 active) for the SSL connection to work.  Options hidden in INTERNET explorer options and possibly in whatever mail program you are using.

Marieh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  Tried to fix it myself, ran IHA, uninstalled and reinstalled anti-virus, did a ping test - what ever the heck that is, and it failed, so I am about to give up and try a live chat.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Try disabling your antivirus and firewall. 

Those two pieces of software have email settings for scanning, and they could be messing you up.  
Here is one article talking about norton
http://www.pcworld.com/article/43984/article.html
garzilla4

You are NOT alone.  This has been going on with me since the change in settings required by Verizons.  Months.  All my settings are correct.  I have run through the trouble shooting set up and nothing.  I also cannot receive emails but have no trouble sending.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@garzilla4 wrote:

You are NOT alone.  This has been going on with me since the change in settings required by Verizons.  Months.  All my settings are correct.  I have run through the trouble shooting set up and nothing.  I also cannot receive emails but have no trouble sending.  Frustrating.

You are no longer suppose to use incoming.verizon.net at all.  See http://verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes