Can not recover password for alias address
Liveaboard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an @verizon.net account, accessed via Apple Mail.  It works.

I also made an alias address that used to work until I tried to fix the repeated [Enter Password] messages that popped up too often.  Now I can not access that alias address via Apple Mail ... though messages to it arrive in the @verizon.net Apple Mail box.

I no longer have a Verizon land line; only a Verizon cell phone line. I've switched to CLEAR for satellite internet access.

This means, however, that I lose 'support' from Verizon.

How can I recover the password for the alias address so I can use that as I did previously?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not recover password for alias address
Hubrisnxs
Legend

usually, when you stop using verizon service, they stop the service, as well as the email.   if you still have access to email, then that is unusual.     typically - you have to retain some kind of service from verizon to keep the email.  

having said that.  If you want to try to reset the password, then try this below.     when it asks for a username, put in the username that you are trying to reset.  

Access to your primary account is guarded by a password. This password is in place to protect any and all information you have stored with Verizon Online. Do not give your password out.

If you forget your password, you can reset it using the Password Reset tool. This tool requires that you answer your secret question, and then create a new password.

If you forget your password, you can reset it using the Password Reset tool. This tool requires that you answer your secret question, and then create a new password.

Access to your primary account is guarded by a password. This password is in place to protect any and all information you have stored with Verizon Online. Do not give your password out.

Use the Password Reset Tool