Can receive but not send email
Sandylion2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to help a friend who also has Fios Internet. She can send emails but can not receive them. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you for your help !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can receive but not send email
Sandylion2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update,

I signed my friend up for a gmail account because we tried her Verizon password too many times and got locked out of her account. She does not text, so we have to wait for Verizon to send a temporary password via the mail. I will try to set her account back up because she wants to see which one she likes better.

Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Sandylion2wrote:

Trying to help a friend who also has Fios Internet. She can send emails but can not receive them. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you for your help !

Not enough information given.

what email? Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Juno, AOL, or another one.

send and receive using what device? Computer, tablet, laptop, phone etc 

0 Likes
Sandylion2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is on her Kindle. I think the email app was on the Kindle when she got it...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Sandylion2wrote:

It is on her Kindle. I think the email app was on the Kindle when she got it...

Second time, not enough information. It’s on her kindle ? What is the email on the kindle? 

0 Likes
Sandylion2
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Email app on Kindle Fire tablets supports most POP,IMAP and Exchange accounts including gmail, outlook and Yahoo!"

"if you are not sure what Email protocol your account is using, refer to your email service provider for more info"

Does this help at all ?  She is using AOL but kept her Verizon address.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Yes that helps. Please see the below link.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-pa...

In this situation your incoming mail mail is set properly. But the SMTP is not using the proper settings.

the other problem can be the email is set up properly but the mail server it’s self for Verizon is just down.

i highly recommend to use a better email system like Outlook, or Gmail since once set up your friend need never worry about it again. Verizon.net, Verizon.com, AOL, or Yahoo  Mail is all Verizon junk mailing systems. Fraught with issues, and collectors of spam.

0 Likes
Sandylion2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update,

I signed my friend up for a gmail account because we tried her Verizon password too many times and got locked out of her account. She does not text, so we have to wait for Verizon to send a temporary password via the mail. I will try to set her account back up because she wants to see which one she likes better.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Likes