09-27-2014 11:58 AM - edited 09-27-2014 12:08 PM
Beginning 17 September, e-mail no longer updates on either my iPhone 5S or iPad, both running iOS 7.1.2. It does not work on cellular data networks nor WiFi.
I have gone through the account unlock process, but that has not worked. Devices have been rebooted.
I can't find any threads that address this problem, but did note another user also experienced the same thing. No resolution was posted.
Thanks, eljefe, for the reply and advice.
I have carefully checked all of my settings on both devices and they are exactly as they were prior to 17 September, including both the SSL and server port settings.
I can access my e-mail just fine on a any computer, just not on the phones. It's really strange.
The error message I get is "the POP server pop.verizon.net" is not responding. I am NOT a Verizon Yahoo! user, so I just have the standard Verizon webmail and use the pop server on the mobile devices.
Yes. Passwords checked. I have gone through the reset password process with Verizon (getting a PIN e-mailed to you and then changing your password), and I have verified the passwords in the mobile devices were also updated and are matching.
JUST CHECKED MY iPhones and iPad 2 verified these settings as working on All.
PS in Settings>>About>>Carrier>>Verizon 17.0 On iPhone
DK if it makes a difference
Just a quick update (but not a solution):
1. Updated devices to iOS 8.0.2
2. No change; still could not send or receive e-mail on the iPhone 5S or iPad.
3. Chatted with Verizon Technical Support and was advised that the iOS 8 update (all versions) are causing issues for some Verizon users (not all) and I should call Apple Technical Support.
4. I was given a phone number and figured I'd call just for the fun.
5. I was given a number for Apple that was out of service.
I can say I am not surprised Verizon is not willing to deal with this and is using Apple as a convenient excuse. Meanwhile, I can't get or send e-mail (and am apparently not the only one).
Is anyone else out there having the same problem?