Can't Delete Email
dakota9804
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot delete my emails. I check the box and hit delete-it goes thru the motions like it is deleting and then the emails are still there. There is an error message that comes up sometimes that says it has to validate the action.

I have to go thru the process at least 2 to 3 times before it will actually delete. Which has led me to having excessive amounts of emails because it is so frustrating to go thru the process 3 times.

Why does my delete function not work properly.

Tags (2)
Re: Can't Delete Email
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Please try deleting your browsers temporary internet files and cookies. Please also see if this happens when using another browser (Firefox, chrome, opera, etc). This will help pinpoint issue.

0 Likes
99RedDragons

I am having the deleting emails problem also. I use FireFox. What I have discovered also is that when I delete the email the second time, I am not deleting the same email, I am deleting the next email in line!. I have lost hundreds of emails by deleting what I thought was the same email 3 and 4 times. The email is actually deleted, just not the subject line in the inbox. I have lost quite a bit of information trying to get ride of emails from the mail inbox screen using the "check the box" method.

Is there any way to get all of it back?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Once deleted, if the email is not in your trash bin then there is no way to retrieve it. Internet Explorer (IE) is the preferred browser for full functionality for the site. Please see if the emails are deleting correctly using IE.

0 Likes
mariebee1

I am having the same issue as 99redDragons and I use windows internet explorer. It has been happening for months and I have lost dozens of emails because of this issue. It seemed to have started after the last "upgrade".  How can we stop this issue?

0 Likes
jacksonb967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with deleting email- I use both Firefox and IE- I have to complete the requests twice before the email is actually deleted- i have cleared cookies/temp files as suggested- no luck- it can be a little annoying doing the task twice- a fix would be great!

0 Likes
garbageguy

is there no fix for this?

0 Likes
pettyfogger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, e-mail functions work very poorly.  Twice I talked to Verizon service for help and was told that there was nothing wrong with their program.  Hah.  Sometimes I even lose the attachment to the e-mail when I forward one.  Verizon really needs to rethink this program.

0 Likes
UnHappy_Camper

I have the same lousy experience with Verizon's crappy new web-email product.  I'm using Firefox V11.0, and have no intentions of using Internet Explorer to resolve this.  Email isn't a cutting edge application, Verizon's should work with any browser.  This implementation is awful; I don't know how many times I've check-marked emails and hit "Delete", and then got an indication message that they were deleted, but they re-appeared.  If I'm actually also deleting other (unintended) emails by repeating the delete process, this is even worse.  Verizon, pls FIX IT or POST what needs to be done on user's end to correct it, but please don't expect your customers to have to go through gyrations that aren't required from any other reasonably good web-email service like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc... To expect us to have to purge cookies or other things only for Verizon's implementation is extremely lame.  Really disappointing product..

0 Likes
jimmyxxx

THIS IS NOT A BROWSER ISSUE.

I just posted a similar message. I've seen the problem for the last few months under XP, Vista, & 7, using IE, Chrome & Firefox, at work and at home. It makes no difference whether you just logged in or have read and deleted a few messages.

After marking the messages and pressing either DELETE or SPAM, I never know if the right messages will be affected. The only way to know, is to open each message individually, and have to wait for it to come down.

There is something wrong with the way messsages are numbered internally, so that the wrong messages get affected.

0 Likes