Can't Receive Email in Outlook starting 11/17/13
cobrapatrol

On Friday I updated my email settings to pop.verizon.net port 995 / smtp.verizon.net port 465 and tested both outgoing email and incoming email just fine.  It worked fine through Saturday but today, Sunday, I can't receive emails although I can send them.  I know the old servers were going away but I thought I had made the proper update.  What's happened?

Jim

0 Likes
Re: Can't Receive Email in Outlook starting 11/17/13
nrc1504
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try to click on Send/receive at the top and post any error message you see.

Watch the status bar at the bottom and check what it says. You will get in idea on what's happening and work on it appropriately.

0 Likes
cobrapatrol

Error message:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Task '{edited for privacy} - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

So - contact Verizon?  I am using pop.verizon.net port 995 with SSL.

0 Likes
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. I can send emails but can't receive them. Funnily enough, if I check my email on my mobile device like my iPad, I can receive the emails just fine, but I can't receive them through Outlook on my desktop computer. I am using the new settings (smtp.verizon.net and pop.verizon.net). Whenever I try to receive email (whether upon starting Outlook or clicking the Send/Receive button), it says "finding host" and then tells me "your POP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait for it to respond?" It does this constantly until I give up and cancel.

It only started doing this the other day and was completely fine before that (although a few days ago I actually had trouble sending email - which corrected itself somehow). Extremely annoying, I hope someone can help us get to the bottom of this.

0 Likes
Noghri2112

I'm having the same issue. I can send all day long, but as of 11/16 or so, I can no longer receive emails via Outlook.

I have quadruple checked my settings and everything is correct.

I can see the new emails via the Webmail client on Verizon's website, but not through Outlook. Created a new profile as others have suggested in other posts, and same issue still happens.

Seeing multiple posts on forums where people are having this issue.

Wife is experiencing same issues on her PC and her settings are correct also.

-Noghri

0 Likes
jimmuhs

I can not receive email starting evening og 11-19-2013 here in California on my Linux PC. Using pop and 995.

However using wifi on my android tablet I can send and receive.

Something is messed up with Verizon.

0 Likes
Noghri2112

Not sure what happened on Verizon side, but both wife and I are receiving emails now. No changes were made on our end to get it working.  Very odd...

0 Likes