Can't Transfer Verizon Yahoo Account Upon Account Closure
jania
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently moved overseas and therefore cancelled my Verizon account.   I wished to retain the message in this account but when I went to login, I got an error message saying the account was suspended and offering to allow me to create a new Yahoo account, to which all the remaining messages, address book content, etc. would be transferred.   That was fine, but every time I've tried it over the past two weeks, I've always gotten the same error message advising me to try again later.

There are other items on this forum from people with the same problem, but none with a resolution.   I contributed to one posting (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Can-t-change-from-Verizon-Yahoo-mail-to-free-Yahoo-ac... and was advised by a Verizon employee (message copied below) to create a new posting, which I am now doing. I would appreciate assistance to permit me to transfer my mail.

Thank you.

Re: Can't change from Verizon Yahoo mail to free Yahoo account.

Hi jania,

We apologize for the confusion.  It looks like the support agents' responses were directed at Chloesi.  If you would like a support case in regards to this issue created, please create a new thread, and we will create a private support case from that new thread.

Again, we apologize for the confusion, and want to thank you for contributing.

AnnieS

0 Likes
Re: Can't Transfer Verizon Yahoo Account Upon Account Closure
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
jania
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did receive a message a week or more ago and responded.  But so far no one has offered any assistance.  This is a clear defect with Verizon's system and one which leaves me feeling very dissatisfied as a customer.   I question why Verizon even needed to delete my Verizon Yahoo account in the first place.   I am overseas and will return to my house in future -- but based on this, I am less likely to use Verizon again. 

0 Likes