Can't change from Verizon Yahoo mail to free Yahoo account.
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cancelled my long time Verizon Fios account two weeks ago. I have been trying those two weeks to transfer my Verizon Yahoo mail account to a free Yahoo account. Every time I go through the steps, I get a message that says:

"Verizon Yahoo! Account Cancellation Options Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." I keep trying "later" but nothing changes. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Amanda

0 Likes
Re: Can't change from Verizon Yahoo mail to free Yahoo account.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your email. The reason that you are getting errors is because when you cancelled your Verizon service, the email account would have been immediately disabled. This would prevent you from accessing the account. You would not have run into problems if you went to transfer everything from the Verizon account to the Yahoo account prior to disconnection.

0 Likes
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. Thanks for replying.

It wasn't until everything was cancelled that I even got the message saying I could transfer things to a free account. I am pasting the message I am getting from Verizon below. Why am I getting the message now if I really can't transfer things over?

0 Likes
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Amanda,

Sorry for the confusion. It's partly my fault, Anthony had ask me a few questions surrounding what happens after disconnect but I didn't realize he was talking about Verizon Yahoo. In deed after the Yahoo server realizes the Verizon side is shut down, it offers to move the content left over to a free account. I double checked and everything is in order in the Yahoo servers in as far as I can see. To start let's get some of the details about your situation. What type of computer are you on (Windows PC/ Mac/ Linux) and what browser to you use ( Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) ?

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
jania
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having exactly the same problem.  I see on this forum that someone else had the problem back in May, but there were no solutions offered.   I've tried on numerous occasions over two days to get the account to transfer.   I get the same error message, basically saying "try again later."   Any help would be very much appreciated.   Thank you.

0 Likes
Chloesi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your help.

I am on a Windows PC running XP. I use Firefox as a browser, although I  also tried using IE and there was no difference in the outcome. The reply is always the same, telling me to try again later.

0 Likes
jania
Enthusiast - Level 1
While I use Windows 7 and tried it with both Firefox and Google. However, this appears to be a problem with software on the Verizon/Yahoo end, not anything to do with my computer.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
jania
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, but try as I might, I cannot find any link to "My Support Cases."   I click on my user name in this thread and go to a page that shows my posts.  However, there is no link to "My Support Cases."   I would appreciate it if you could post a link for me to use, or provide updated instructions since the one above does not work.  I continue to experience this same problem and would suggest at a minimum that you update the error message to avoid confusing future customers who have this issue.   In the meantime, I am disappointed in Verizon for cutting off my email address without notification or a way out.   This is extremely unfriendly "service."   Thank you for continuing to attempt to address this case. 

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi jania,

We apologize for the confusion.  It looks like the support agents' responses were directed at Chloesi.  If you would like a support case in regards to this issue created, please create a new thread, and we will create a private support case from that new thread.

Again, we apologize for the confusion, and want to thank you for contributing.

AnnieS