Can't connect to server with Windows Live Mail
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I got the e-mail a few weeks ago about changing the e-mail settings, I did so.  I use Windows Live Mail on my home computer.  I have had not problems at all either sending or receiving mail from either of my accounts.

Early this morning, I checked my e-mail with no problem.  When I logged in again around noon, Windows Live Mail wouldn't connect with my server.  I double checked settings.  Everything was as instructed.  But I still couldn't connect.

I just changed them back to old settings and everything is working fine.

What's going on???

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to server with Windows Live Mail
JJ142
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem, starting at the same time today.  I wish I knew the old settings because I'd try what you've  done. 

I don't want to call Verizon and get the run-around.  The first thing on their check-list is to tell the consumer that it's her fault!

I'm hopeful a Verizon technician monitors this board and will advise us.

0 Likes
tdm69
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue using my Mac.  I did try going through the account setup on my Mac Mail for my verizon.net account and it automatically set it up using the old settings(very interesting).  It wants to use incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net.  That actually worked.  I got a test message.  It was slow but did receive but sending one out from outgoing.verizon.net did not work.  Obviously they are having major problems with this switch-over.  There is nothing on the website about problems so my guess is they fouled up and are trying to recover without taking the fall again.

0 Likes
tdm69
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way in case you are desperate, webmail is still working properly online.  It's certainly isn't the friendliest way of looking at your mail but at least you can use it in a pinch.

0 Likes
dziadz

Yeah, I'm having the same problem.  PC's and iPad.  Everything worked this morning.  Started online chat and the first thing they wanted to do was take control of my pc.  Like he can check issues with my iPad doing that.  Can't tell you there are email system issues. Or 1st level support isn't told of system issues.  I'm not gonna waste any more time.  Just going to wait it out.

0 Likes
Marco322

I had to change back to the originals:

incoming.verizon.net instead of pop.verizon.net

and

outgoing.verizon.net instead of smtp.verizon.net

and everything is working fine. 

0 Likes
Marco322

Hope that helps.

"newbie" - thats a joke ...

0 Likes
tdm69
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears to be back up now.  I've been running tests and so far so good..... for now.

0 Likes
tdm69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry I spoke too soon.  We are down again...........

0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made a note of the old settings before I changed to the new ones.  I will leave it for now unless I start having more problems.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems.

0 Likes