Can't email anybody@verizon.net
chill209
Enthusiast - Level 1

My brother has been a FIOS customer for years, and we've been emailing for years. New this month (Feb 2014), I sent him email and got a bounce from relay.verizon.net saying my IP address is "blocked" for some unspecified "spam" reasons, and that I should go to their "whitelist" page (http://www.verizon.net/whitelist) to get unblocked. Having done so, I get an automated feces-laden reply stating that there is "No Reverse Hostname associated with your IP address", which is not true. Further email attempts result in the same bounce message as before, including abuse@verizon.net.

How do you send email to your foolish Verizon-using relatives? Or even contact That Hideous Phone Company at all?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't email anybody@verizon.net
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably true that there is no reverse hostname associated with your IP, at least at whatever database Verizon looks it up at.

Check with your ISP and see if they can correct it or contact Verizon about the problem.  The WHitelist is really for them to fill out unless you are a business.

0 Likes
chill209
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. There is a hostname associated with my static IP, as there has been for over 10 years. I'm not permitted to even ask, let alone know, where they are getting this "information."

The canned message from the whitelist says "Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned." I'm not allowed to ask for clarification on "spam issues"; any attempt to reply, or to email abuse@verizon.net or postmaster@verizon.net gives a similar bounce, even though these addresses are required to work per the RFCs. I can't even use the web-based contact form, since I'm not a Verizon customer.

I checked several DNS blackhole databases, and my IP comes up clean on all of them.

The nice lady on the phone (my only remaining contact option) says that my brother has to call them and tell them I'm not Satan. This doesn't account for all the other people I know who also have @verizon.net email addresses.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi chill209,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Apologies for the trouble, chill209.

Please let us know if you have any other questions for us by posting in this public board.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
rkk14

Help Verizon! I cannot access my email because it says there was a spam problem and to contact abuse@verizon.net. But there is no way to email anyone from there. Hoping someone gets this and can call us at our home phone since we can't access email!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@rkk14 wrote:

Help Verizon! I cannot access my email because it says there was a spam problem and to contact abuse@verizon.net. But there is no way to email anyone from there. Hoping someone gets this and can call us at our home phone since we can't access email!

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes