Can't send email from Apple Mail
aandesmom

Hi,

I suddenly can't send email from my Apple Mail . I have Fios. I have port 587 selected and password authentication.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send email from Apple Mail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is this with a verizon.net address or some other email address? Is your Verizon account linked with Yahoo? What error are you getting?

0 Likes
aandesmom

I have a couple addresses set up in Apple Mail. One is a Verizon.net address and one is not. I don't think the Verizon account is linked with Yahoo. How would I tell? I get a message that says "Can't send message with selected server. Try another one?" I tried the Verizon one and the other one for my office mail but both said the same thing.

0 Likes
Matt1977

I am having the same problems here.  I cannot send any email from my mac.  I even tried my .mac email account and that does the same thing.  It says it rejects the address but when I test it, it tests ok.  What gives.  I know nothing changed on my computer so it has to be something on verizons end.  Can anyone help

0 Likes
scstev
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't know about Mac mail, but I can tell you that something definitely just changed with Verizon's port blocking.  I have my own mailserver and have been succesfully sending authenticated (TLS + login) mail over port 25 for a year+.  Today, I was unable to.  After two hours debugging on my server, I finally discovered that Verizon is blocking port 25 outbound to outside mail servers.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but just telling you something has definitely changed.

I am using port 587 with TLS (SSL) enable and username/password authentication.  Good luck.

0 Likes
aandesmom

I still can't send email. I will try the settings you suggest and see if that helps.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the only change to his settings would be..  Do not use ssl for a Verizon email. If it is another email provider, then ssl may be used but Verizons email does not use ssl and selecting ssl on a Verizon email will block you.

0 Likes