Can't send email to Verizon addresses on Outlook Exp. but OK on Comcast.net wt. same email address
Ruth14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem started around Jan 4, 2011.  All "sent" messages go into Verizon spam folder of recipient but appear "sent" in my sent mail.  University Tech and Comcast have checked my computer and found no viruses.  Verizon receivers have entered my email address as acceptable in their spam folder.  Still nothing gets through on Outlook Express.  All works fine on Comcast.net using same email address.  Only Verizon addresses are giving me problems.  I occasionally send up to 15 people the same message.  I have University provided anti-virus system.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send email to Verizon addresses on Outlook Exp. but OK on Comcast.net wt. same email addre
Ruth14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email from whitelist saying my email will be restored in 72 hours.  Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't send email to Verizon addresses on Outlook Exp. but OK on Comcast.net wt. same email addre
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Be sure to visit the FAQ on the whitelist and policies as this may or may not help you, but I thought it was a good place to start.  

Also If you have a static ip that you're sending the email from, then send an email with the IP addresses that are requested to be whitelisted to whitelist@verizononline.net

Whitelist Request Form

To protect our members and our network from unsolicited e-mail (spam), Verizon Online has put measures in place to restrict the distribution of e-mail containing spam and potentially harmful viruses to our members. If we review a restricted e-mail address or domain and determine, based on the information available, that it does not pose a current unacceptable risk to our members or our network, the e-mail address or domain can be "whitelisted" and, therefore, e-mail delivery will be allowed to your mailbox.

If your organization is having difficulty delivering e-mail to Verizon Online addresses, or if you are a subscriber to one of Verizon Online's Internet access services who is unable to receive certain e-mails, please fill out the appropriate form below and submit it to Verizon Online Security. We will investigate the issue and attempt to find a solution that allows you to send or receive e-mail from a restricted source.* 

» If you are an outside organization, please use the ISP form
» If you are a Verizon Online member, please use the Member form

The above links are not for reporting technical-support or billing-related issues. This resource is intended for use if you are having issues receiving e-mail from specific domains or addresses (but the remainder of your e-mail service is functioning properly) and for issues sending e-mail to Verizon Online customers. If your e-mail is not functioning properly, please contact Verizon Online technical support to address your issues. All issues not related to specific servers submitted via this form will be deleted.

*Verizon Online reserves the right to restrict access to or from any domain provided at its sole discretion. The information provided to Verizon Online must be wholly correct or the request may be rejected. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide a solution that enables you to send or receive e-mail from a restricted source.
0 Likes
Ruth14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completed a whitelist request (ISP form) over a week ago and have heard nothing.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

be sure to look at that FAQ and also I added an email that you can send an update to as well.    If you aren't getting that bounce back message that they list in the FAQ then it may not be Verizon that is blocking you.     Apparently they have a specific bounce back message for that

0 Likes
Ruth14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just rechecked the form I sent to Verizon whitelist and had my IP address incorrect.  I have resent it.  Some persons with Verizon addresses find my email messages in spam; most have them automatically deleted so never see them.  I am not getting a return message saying it cannot be delivered so it looks like it was sent just fine.  How long does it take for the whitelist coordinator to respond?  thank you.

0 Likes
Ruth14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email from whitelist saying my email will be restored in 72 hours.  Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes